Dow declines 36.5 points ( -0.17 %) to settle at 20,975.78.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 2.46 points ( -0.10 %) and is now at 2,396.92.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 17.93 points ( +0.29 %) close at 6,120.59.
Oil settles at $46.25 ( +0.81 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,221.00 ( +0.40 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.41%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.03 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
NOTE: Some individual stock and collective data was frozen on April 28, 2017 because Data Feed was stopped.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 29.38 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 63.81 %. Volume is 11.86 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 59.23 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 61.10 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 07.96 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 01.61 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 12.50 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.19, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.80 % and average yield is 01.62 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.49. The PEGY Ratio of 2.49 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.02 %.
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue May 9 15:00:02 MDT 2017)
- Brexit billionaire boom? Record number of billionaires in Britain
- Munger: ‘The amount of waste from overtreatment of the dying is
- Oil prices buckle amid concern over weak fuel demand, OPEC’s clout
- Apple’s WWDC event will kick off June 5, with a new iOS and macOS
- Commerce’s Ross says 3% GDP growth goal will not happen this year
- Disney dips after revenue miss
- Disney’s Iger on presidential rumors: ‘I’m not spending much time
- Downbeat quarter expected for Whole Foods, as sale speculation
- This is not normal ‘ Lloyd Blankfein on the sleepy state of
- Here’s why investors have been ignoring all the Trump turmoil
- Here’s why your paycheck may soon get a nice bump
- Tough love from the boss: What to do if your team won’t stop
- Job openings stay steady in March, Labor Department says
- Markets just averted ‘disaster,’ Yale’s Stephen Roach says
- Microsoft is planning to turn Windows 10 PCs into Amazon Echo
- Apple’s former CEO shares the one iPhone feature he’d like to see
- NVIDIA stock rockets up after earnings beat
- Short sellers get ‘annihilated’ after Wayfair surges more than 20%
- Tennessee health insurer willing to fill Knoxville Obamacare void
- The Fed is talking more than ever before
- Tunnel with nuclear waste collapses in Washington state
- Wall Street guru Birinyi sees ‘story stocks’ like Tesla keeping
- Yelp plunges more than 25% after outlook falls way short of