Dow appreciates 56.09 points ( +0.27 %) to settle at 20,663.02.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 8.69 points ( +0.37 %) and is now at 2,365.72.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 43.89 points ( +0.73 %) close at 6,055.13.
Oil settles at $49.30 ( -0.10 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,247.40 ( -0.43 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.23%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.02 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
NOTE: Some individual stock and collective data was frozen on April 28, 2017 because Data Feed was stopped.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 29.38 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 63.81 %. Volume is 11.86 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 59.23 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 61.10 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 07.96 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 01.61 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 12.50 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.19, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.80 % and average yield is 01.62 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.49. The PEGY Ratio of 2.49 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.02 %.
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu May 18 15:00:01 MDT 2017)
- A pair of diamond earrings sell for $57.4 million at auction,
- Stocks don’t care about Trump, but these markets do
- Industrial production posts biggest gain since 2014
- Oil rises as producers pledge output cuts ahead of OPEC meeting
- 5 questions to ask when choosing a credit card
- Activist investor Paul Singer takes stake in Athenahealth, and
- Apple CEO Tim Cook test-drove a device that tracks his blood sugar
- Athenahealth and outspoken CEO Bush face activist with strong
- Brazil President Temer says he will not resign
- Controversial ETFs that would have delivered four times the market
- Trump economic ‘uncertainty’ worse than ’08 financial crisis
- Here’s how billions of people use Google products, in one chart
- Jason Chaffetz to resign from Congress on June 30
- Mario Gabelli: These Trump stocks will be fine even without Trump
- Wedding season shouldn’t bust your budget
- Op-Ed: This was the real Roger Ailes
- Putin is having fun with Trump’s troubles ‘ but he may not push
- Sen. Lindsey Graham: Russia probe looks like it’s a ‘criminal
- Spotify just bought an AI startup to help it stay ahead of Apple
- US dollar spikes, then falls as traders speculate over whether
- That big rotation to European stocks is starting to make a lot of
- Want to be happier at work? You may need this benefit
- Traders misinterpret a Comey video that they think clears Trump
- Trump denies ever urging Comey to back off Flynn investigation
- US looks at extending laptop ban to all flights
- Wal-Mart earnings top Street estimates as retailer’s digital sales