Dow appreciates 43.08 points ( +0.21 %) to settle at 20,937.91.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 4.4 points ( +0.18 %) and is now at 2,398.42.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 5.09 points ( +0.08 %) close at 6,138.71.
Oil settles at $51.45 ( -0.04 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,251.00 ( -0.36 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.28%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.03 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
NOTE: Some individual stock and collective data was frozen on April 28, 2017 because Data Feed was stopped.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 29.38 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 63.81 %. Volume is 11.86 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 59.23 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 61.10 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 07.96 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 01.61 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 12.50 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.19, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.80 % and average yield is 01.62 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.49. The PEGY Ratio of 2.49 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.02 %.
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue May 23 15:00:02 MDT 2017)
- Stocks don’t care about Trump, but these markets do
- Rare Rolex sells at Phillips for world record $5 million
- If you bought $100 of bitcoin 7 years ago, you’d be sitting on $75
- The 25 best cities in the U.S. for people under the age of 35
- Obamacare rates could be nearly 20 percent higher due to Trump
- 6 things you must quit doing now to be more successful
- Alphabet’s Waymo unit may be worth $70 billion in a spin-off:
- Tips on how to find hot start-up investment opportunities
- Herbalife shares slide on report China executive has left
- Here’s what millennials are prioritizing instead of retirement
- Jeff Gundlach has a theory on why bitcoin is surging
- Manchester arena suicide bombing: 22 die at Ariana Grande concert
- Treasury’s Mnuchin backs off pledge of ‘no absolute tax cut’ for
- Go: Pro CEO defends company as stock drops 3%
- Hot stock that’s tripled in the past year has analysts throwing up
- Qatar is still abusing World Cup workers, says human rights
- Read the full transcript from Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin’s
- Nobel winner Robert Shiller: Stay in the market because it ‘could
- The Fed is about to reveal how it could unwind its biggest policy
- There are tons of newly built homes ‘ just the wrong kind
- A lot of ‘red states’ would get hit very hard by Trump’s budget
- Treasury’s Mnuchin on tax reform: ‘Our objective is to get it done
- Larry Summers: Trump created a budget so flawed he would fail
- Trump’s proposed budget borrows a few pages from Obama ‘ literally
- Trump’s proposed budget is ‘DOA,’ says expert