Dow appreciates 36.43 points ( +0.17 %) to settle at 20,949.89.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 2.84 points ( +0.12 %) and is now at 2,391.17.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 3.77 points ( +0.06 %) close at 6,095.37.
Oil settles at $47.90 ( +0.50 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,257.80 ( +0.06 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.30%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.03 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 29.38 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 63.81 %. Volume is 11.86 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 59.23 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 61.10 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 07.96 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 01.61 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 12.50 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.19, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.80 % and average yield is 01.62 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.49. The PEGY Ratio of 2.49 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.02 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 924.99 (6.61; 00.72 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 150.25 (2.55; 01.73 %)
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) at 924.52 (33.08; 03.71 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 143.65 (-0.14;-00.10 %)
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) at 905.96 (31.71; 03.63 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- STRATTEC Security Corporation (STRT) at 32.15 (7.45; 30.16 %)
- The Bancorp, Inc. (TBBK) at 6.45 (1.39; 27.47 %)
- eHealth, Inc. (EHTH) at 14.18 (2.44; 20.78 %)
- Synchronoss Technologies, Inc. (SNCR) at 16 (2.71; 20.39 %)
- Tangoe, Inc. (TNGO) at 6.42 (0.98; 18.01 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Matrix Service Company (MTRX) at 11.75 (-5.12;-30.35 %)
- FuelCell Energy, Inc. (FCEL) at 1.15 (-0.45;-28.13 %)
- athenahealth, Inc. (ATHN) at 98.01 (-23.44;-19.30 %)
- PDF Solutions, Inc. (PDFS) at 19.02 (-4.12;-17.80 %)
- Time Inc. (TIME) at 15.2 (-3.10;-16.94 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue May 2 15:00:01 MDT 2017)
- Jeff Bezos’ wealth crosses $80 billion mark
- The 25 highest-paying internships in America
- Aetna CEO Bertolini says Obamacare’s big problem is that it’s not
- Apple misses on iPhone shipments, stock drops
- Apple’s cash hoard swells to record $256.8 billion
- This simple calculation means stocks could rise another 30% from
- Hillary Clinton calls for investments in places that ‘cannot get
- Fox News as we know it is finished, predicts Murdoch biographer
- Republicans ‘need to look at Plan B or C’ if they fail to pass
- GOP targets law enacted after 2008 financial meltdown
- Here’s one loan you don’t want to take
- Hillary Clinton touts popular vote win, says she’s now ‘part of
- Here’s how US defense spending stacks up against the rest of the
- Mc: Connell rejects Trump filibuster idea
- A.I. ‘won’t take over the world’ but it is a threat to jobs, said
- Molina Healthcare removes CEO, CFO amid surprise shake-up; shares
- Next up for markets: The jobs number that blindsided economists
- Oil prices drop below $48 for the first time in over a month
- The scientists hoping to create human DNA
- Tesla reports earnings Wednesday, and analysts want a better look
- Amazon wants you to have long conversations with Alexa in the
- The city of Philadelphia just gave Wells Fargo its walking papers
- Trump’s approval ratings would likely take a direct hit from a
- Trump, Putin discuss Syria, North Korea, Middle East in phone call
- Cheese stampede: How an expat capitalized on Costa Ricans’ craving
- Wall Street’s small-cap guru: Bull market for smaller stocks has