Dow declines 6.72 points ( -0.03 %) to settle at 20,651.30.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 3.38 points ( -0.14 %) and is now at 2,353.78.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 14.16 points ( -0.24 %) closing at 5,866.77.
Oil settles at $53.37 ( -0.06 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,275.30 ( +0.09 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.30%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.06 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 57.74 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 34.58 %. Volume is -10.68 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 49.66 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 61.07 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 01.28 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.47 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 15.04 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.74, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.75 % and average yield is 01.65 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.34. The PEGY Ratio of 2.34 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.00 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 141.63 (-1.54;-01.08 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 902.36 (-4.68;-00.52 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 139.92 (-1.12;-00.79 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.92 (-0.10;-00.43 %)
- Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) at 308.71 (-3.68;-01.18 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- North Atlantic Drilling Limited (NADL) at 2.7 (1.97; 269.86 %)
- RetailMeNot, Inc. (SALE) at 11.5 (3.75; 48.39 %)
- Payment Data Systems, Inc. (PYDS) at 1.85 (0.58; 45.67 %)
- Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. (AIQ) at 12.75 (2.70; 26.87 %)
- UCP, Inc. (UCP) at 11.35 (2.05; 22.04 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (CYTX) at 1.12 (-0.60;-34.88 %)
- AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. (AFSI) at 15.3 (-3.57;-18.92 %)
- China Commercial Credit, Inc. (CCCR) at 1.56 (-0.36;-18.75 %)
- Hub Group, Inc. (HUBG) at 40.55 (-6.70;-14.18 %)
- MTS Systems Corporation (MTSC) at 46.7 (-7.10;-13.20 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue Apr 11 15:00:01 MDT 2017)
- The ultimate guide to being happier at work
- New York Times plugs Pulitzer winners before prizes awarded
- US oil settles at $53.40 a barrel, up 32 cents after news from
- Active hedge fund managers are big backers of passive funds
- Op-Ed: The market doesn’t seem to think Trump is capable of
- CEOs privately say they’d accept short-term tax reform pain for
- Facebook reaches its Microsoft Bing moment, and the results may
- Fitch changes its mind: Trump isn’t a threat to the world economy
- Gold jumps on geopolitical tensions, surpassing key chart level
- Here’s an obscure thing hedge funds are buying because of the
- This is the hidden force turbocharging the US economy
- It’s time to do some pruning to portfolios, expert says
- Surprisingly competitive Kansas special election has GOP on edge
- Bank of Canada is using an old video game code to mark the
- Lyft lands $600 million in fresh funding
- Mattis says ‘there is no doubt’ the Syrian government was
- Move here to shake off student debt even sooner
- Here’s how the Syrian conflict could actually send oil prices
- Spicer offends with gassing remark comparing Hitler and Syria’s
- Suzy Welch: The career secret I wish I’d known in my 20s
- The White House’s latest test is pulling off the ‘highest-profile
- Three charts that show why airlines overbook flights
- Trader predicts that an infamous stock is due for a bounce
- Trump to China: Help on North Korea for a good trade deal
- ‘We will work to make it right’: United CEO apologizes in response
- US crude oil stocks fall by 1.3 million barrels
- Wal-Mart reportedly cutting hundreds of jobs to slash costs