Dow declines 59.44 points ( -0.29 %) to settle at 20,591.86.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 8.85 points ( -0.38 %) and is now at 2,344.93.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 30.61 points ( -0.52 %) closing at 5,836.16.
Oil settles at $52.88 ( -0.43 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,286.60 ( +0.67 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.30%. The interest rate of the yield has increased (-0.00%), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 24.41 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 68.35 %. Volume is -12.63 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 43.01 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 57.99 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 01.02 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.54 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 14.33 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.81, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.75 % and average yield is 01.65 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.36. The PEGY Ratio of 2.36 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.00 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 896.23 (-6.13;-00.68 %)
- Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) at 296.84 (-11.87;-03.85 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.65 (-0.27;-01.18 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 139.58 (-0.34;-00.24 %)
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) at 53.12 (-1.04;-01.92 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Adeptus Health Inc. (ADPT) at 2.25 (1.17; 108.33 %)
- China Techfaith Wireless Communication Technology Limited (CNTF) at 2.79 (0.88; 46.07 %)
- Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (NAK) at 1.82 (0.44; 31.88 %)
- Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. (NBIX) at 51.8 (10.32; 24.88 %)
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. (AAU) at 1.65 (0.28; 20.44 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- ATRM Holdings, Inc. (ATRM) at 1.37 (-0.53;-27.89 %)
- DHI Group, Inc. (DHX) at 3.95 (-0.75;-15.96 %)
- Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. (PLX) at 1.11 (-0.20;-15.27 %)
- FuelCell Energy, Inc. (FCEL) at 1.65 (-0.25;-13.16 %)
- Plug Power Inc. (PLUG) at 2.32 (-0.32;-12.12 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Wed Apr 12 15:00:03 MDT 2017)
- Here’s how the Syrian conflict could actually send oil prices
- US oil settles at $53.11 a barrel, down 29 cents as traders eye
- Suzy Welch: The career secret I wish I’d known in my 20s
- Americans embrace financial activism after Trump elected, survey
- Android creator is asking people to guess what this crazy thing is
- As investors access geopolitical risk, there is one wild card,
- Investors should get out of ‘treacherous’ bank stocks, top analyst
- Here’s what Mark Zuckerberg meant when he talked about building a
- Fed’s Kaplan says balance sheet plans won’t shift rate hike path
- Know your rights if you’re involuntarily bumped from a flight
- How long it takes to break even when you buy a house in 11 major
- Michael Wolff tells Kellyanne Conway: ‘You’re the darkness’
- NBC Universal launches ‘largest premium ecosystem’ for mobile ads
- Biotech stock Neurocrine surges on FDA approval of drug
- See the hottest new cars and SUVs from the New York Auto Show
- Tillerson says US-Russia relations are at a ‘low point,’ calls for
- Russian official again denies US claims that Kremlin sponsored
- Sean Spicer: ‘I’ve let the president down’
- As Apple makes more of its own chips, one supplier is especially
- This self-made millionaire says you don’t have to go to college to
- Trump backtracks on China, won’t label it a currency manipulator
- Trump says he is undecided about renominating Yellen
- Trump tanks the dollar after saying it’s ‘getting too strong’
- Trump’s tax returns will be immediately under audit
- Op-Ed: United is why people hate capitalism
- Wal-Mart’s future under Marc Lore is starting to take shape