Dow declines 40.82 points ( -0.19 %) to settle at 20,940.51.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 4.57 points ( -0.19 %) and is now at 2,384.20.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 1.33 points ( -0.02 %) closing at 6,047.61.
Oil settles at $49.18 ( -0.30 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,269.60 ( +0.10 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.28%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.01 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 29.30 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 63.88 %. Volume is 11.25 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 59.14 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 61.06 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 07.96 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 01.61 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 12.50 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.19, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.81 % and average yield is 01.62 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.49. The PEGY Ratio of 2.49 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.03 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 924.99 (6.61; 00.72 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 150.25 (2.55; 01.73 %)
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) at 924.52 (33.08; 03.71 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 143.65 (-0.14;-00.10 %)
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) at 905.96 (31.71; 03.63 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- STRATTEC Security Corporation (STRT) at 32.15 (7.45; 30.16 %)
- The Bancorp, Inc. (TBBK) at 6.45 (1.39; 27.47 %)
- eHealth, Inc. (EHTH) at 14.18 (2.44; 20.78 %)
- Synchronoss Technologies, Inc. (SNCR) at 16 (2.71; 20.39 %)
- Tangoe, Inc. (TNGO) at 6.42 (0.98; 18.01 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Matrix Service Company (MTRX) at 11.75 (-5.12;-30.35 %)
- FuelCell Energy, Inc. (FCEL) at 1.15 (-0.45;-28.13 %)
- athenahealth, Inc. (ATHN) at 98.01 (-23.44;-19.30 %)
- PDF Solutions, Inc. (PDFS) at 19.02 (-4.12;-17.80 %)
- Time Inc. (TIME) at 15.2 (-3.10;-16.94 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Fri Apr 28 15:00:01 MDT 2017)
- Consumer confidence dips in April, missing estimates
- The crucial money decision Elon Musk made when he was broke
- Trump signs executive order that could expand offshore energy
- Apple asks California to change its proposed self-driving car
- Bill Gates could be the world’s first trillionaire but Bezos is
- Billionaire investor Mario Gabelli’s infrastructure plays
- California will allow insurers to file rates for ‘Trumpcare” AND
- Sorry, Microsoft: Your cloud sales popped 93% ‘ but research says
- 10 college towns where it’s cheaper to buy a house than rent
- Fitbit murder case: Richard Dabate pleads not guilty in wife’s
- Op-Ed: I once got a $2 million bonus ‘ and I was never more
- I’d give Trump’s first 100 days a ‘strained B+,’ says Bush 43’s
- Jeff Bezos’ wealth crosses $80 billion mark
- Mario Gabelli sees another ‘pocket’ like the ’87 crash ahead ‘ he
- Tillerson urges UN to ‘act before North Korea does,’ calls for new
- Live like royalty in these U.S. cities
- This Starbucks brand isn’t immune to slowing mall foot traffic
- Trump’s first 100-day stock market performance is better than
- Trump to NRA: ‘Eight-year assault’ on gun rights is over
- Trump’s tweets have lost some impact
- The US economy is leaving these states behind
- Canada shouldn’t be able to ‘change the rules on us,’ US Dairy
- What it’s like working for Warren Buffett: ‘It’s literally just