Dow declines 30.95 points ( -0.15 %) to settle at 20,547.76.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 7.15 points ( -0.30 %) and is now at 2,348.69.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 6.26 points ( -0.11 %) closing at 5,910.52.
Oil settles at $49.60 ( -0.04 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,286.40 ( -0.21 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.24%. The interest rate of the yield has increased (-0.00%), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 37.12 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 55.13 %. Volume is -02.25 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 52.92 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 59.12 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 01.63 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.58 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 11.80 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.89, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.83 % and average yield is 01.66 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.45. The PEGY Ratio of 2.45 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.00 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.71 (-0.36;-01.56 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 142.27 (-0.17;-00.12 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 898.53 (-3.53;-00.39 %)
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) at 66.4 (0.90; 01.37 %)
- General Electric Company (GE) at 29.55 (-0.72;-02.38 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. (STV) at 1.71 (0.44; 34.65 %)
- Carver Bancorp, Inc. (CARV) at 4.9 (0.91; 22.81 %)
- CAI International, Inc. (CAI) at 18.57 (3.07; 19.81 %)
- VOC Energy Trust (VOC) at 4.77 (0.68; 16.63 %)
- Professional Diversity Network, Inc. (IPDN) at 9.01 (1.25; 16.11 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- XBiotech, Inc. (XBIT) at 10.23 (-6.79;-39.89 %)
- Onconova Therapeutics, Inc. (ONTX) at 2.11 (-0.38;-15.26 %)
- Clearwater Paper Corporation (CLW) at 48.5 (-8.60;-15.06 %)
- Flex Pharma, Inc. (FLKS) at 3.08 (-0.50;-13.97 %)
- Mattel, Inc. (MAT) at 21.79 (-3.42;-13.57 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Fri Apr 21 15:00:01 MDT 2017)
- Wal-Mart is ‘poking the bear,’ says Barclays analyst
- An inside look at Lockheed Martin’s T-50A fighter jet
- Ex-Fed Chairman Greenspan: Get rid of Dodd-Frank and watch
- Oil falls below $50 a barrel as OPEC cut doubts contribute to big
- A government watchdog is investigating Trump’s attempt to unmask
- Blackstone exec tells analysts they can’t figure out stock: ‘You
- Corporate tax rate could get to 20 percent, says Grover Norquist
- Drug companies risk Trump’s wrath as they march for science
- French election may trigger volatile reaction that impacts global
- Goldman workers: Welcome to radical transparency. You’ll now be
- Investors are right to be concerned about the market, expert says
- CNBC SPECIAL
- How Macy’s new CEO plans to take on TJ Maxx
- Police departments across US go James Bond with gadgets
- Risk of a volatile event taking down tech stocks is climbing
- The 5 largest stocks are propping up the market this year
- What millennials want more than anything else when they start a
- The resilient stock market may be lulling investors into a false
- Op-Ed: Today’s executive orders are the nail in the coffin of
- Trump: ‘It doesn’t matter’ if health-care vote happens next week
- Trump: Paris attack will ‘probably help’ Le Pen in France
- Trump promises more on ‘massive tax cut’ by Wednesday of next week
- United Continental says CEO Oscar Munoz won’t become chairman as
- Why Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak doesn’t trust money
- Why millionaire investors don’t care about Mnuchin’s tax-reform