Dow declines 138.61 points ( -0.67 %) to settle at 20,453.25.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 15.98 points ( -0.68 %) and is now at 2,328.95.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 31.01 points ( -0.53 %) closing at 5,805.15.
Oil settles at $53.03 ( -0.28 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,289.80 ( +0.10 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.23%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.06 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 22.09 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 70.33 %. Volume is -15.31 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 37.07 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 54.25 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 00.51 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.77 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 13.03 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.6, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.75 % and average yield is 01.65 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.34. The PEGY Ratio of 2.34 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.00 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) at 304 (7.16; 02.41 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 884.67 (-11.56;-01.29 %)
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) at 84.4 (-1.00;-01.17 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 141.05 (-0.75;-00.53 %)
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) at 51.35 (-1.77;-03.33 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Nexvet Biopharma Public Limited Company (NVET) at 6.62 (2.57; 63.46 %)
- ATRM Holdings, Inc. (ATRM) at 1.89 (0.52; 37.96 %)
- TrovaGene, Inc. (TROV) at 1.04 (0.18; 20.93 %)
- China Cord Blood Corporation (CO) at 8.01 (1.05; 15.09 %)
- Verastem, Inc. (VSTM) at 1.85 (0.23; 14.20 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- SkyPeople Fruit Juice, Inc. (SPU) at 2.94 (-2.39;-44.84 %)
- Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. (SRNE) at 1.8 (-1.15;-38.98 %)
- MoSys, Inc. (MOSY) at 1.25 (-0.69;-35.57 %)
- North Atlantic Drilling Limited (NADL) at 2.1 (-0.55;-20.75 %)
- SemiLEDs Corporation (LEDS) at 3.19 (-0.81;-20.25 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Apr 13 15:00:02 MDT 2017)
- Apple has a secret team working on the holy grail for treating
- US oil settles at $53.18 a barrel, up 7 cents in overall strong
- President Trump threatens to cut Obamacare subsidies
- AIG’s board denies CEO 2016 cash bonus after dismal earnings
- Bill Gross: With the market pricing in too much hope, here’s how
- CIA director calls WikiLeaks ‘hostile intelligence agency’
- Despite positive earnings, bank stocks turn negative
- Facebook cracks down on 30,000 fake accounts in France
- If you lost only $30,000 to these money mistakes, count yourself
- Jamie Dimon teases analysts with joke about taking a Trump post on
- JC Penney postponing store closures and liquidation sales
- Elon Musk says Tesla will reveal a semi truck in September
- NASA finds more evidence that the ocean on Enceladus could support
- Risk of miscalculation on Korean Peninsula could unleash fatal
- The woman who blew the doors off sexism at Uber has a new job at
- T-Mobile, Comcast, Dish buy big into broadcasting airwaves
- Wall Street’s fear gauge hits fresh high for the year as
- Top BlackRock portfolio manager turning to safe-haven assets
- Trump hasn’t even named candidates for hundreds of key positions
- Trump calls Afghanistan bombing a ‘very successful mission’
- Trump says North Korea problem ‘will be taken care of’
- US drops largest non-nuclear bomb ever in Afghanistan
- US producer prices post first drop in seven months
- What we know about the ‘mother of all bombs’ that was dropped on
- Op-Ed: Why Trump’s threat to sabotage Obamacare would backfire