Dow appreciates 6.24 points ( +0.03 %) to settle at 20,981.33.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 1.32 points ( +0.06 %) and is now at 2,388.77.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 23.71 points ( +0.39 %) close at 6,048.94.
Oil settles at $49.24 ( +0.55 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,265.30 ( -0.05 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.30%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.01 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 40.06 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 52.41 %. Volume is 15.28 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 64.40 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 63.67 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 08.95 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 01.04 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 12.50 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.15, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.86 % and average yield is 01.62 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.49. The PEGY Ratio of 2.49 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.02 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 918.38 (9.09; 01.00 %)
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) at 68.27 (0.44; 00.65 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 143.79 (0.11; 00.08 %)
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) at 891.44 (2.30; 00.26 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 23.65 (-0.24;-01.00 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Smith Micro Software, Inc. (SMSI) at 1.13 (0.25; 28.41 %)
- Medical Transcription Billing, Corp. (MTBC) at 1.55 (0.33; 27.05 %)
- Exact Sciences Corporation (EXAS) at 30.14 (6.34; 26.64 %)
- GrubHub Inc. (GRUB) at 42.92 (7.90; 22.56 %)
- OptimumBank Holdings, Inc. (OPHC) at 2.8 (0.49; 21.21 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. (OPTT) at 1.43 (-0.60;-29.56 %)
- American Superconductor Corporation (AMSC) at 5.61 (-2.09;-27.14 %)
- CARBO Ceramics Inc. (CRR) at 6.71 (-2.40;-26.34 %)
- Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (PACB) at 4.05 (-1.13;-21.81 %)
- Euro Tech Holdings Company Limited (CLWT) at 3.12 (-0.63;-16.80 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Apr 27 15:00:02 MDT 2017)
- Consumer confidence dips in April, missing estimates
- North Korea is a direct threat to our national security, Panetta
- Oil prices extend losses on supply concerns
- Trump has a plan to change the tax code to make himself much, much
- Beats courted Netflix before selling to Apple, report says
- Bitcoin jumps to a new all-time high above $1,300, capping 20%
- Deal to avert government shutdown is ‘pretty much done,’
- EPA chief pulls out of GOP event appearance that could have
- Global crude oil discoveries plunge to record low, and it’s gonna
- Google’s own services are grabbing a larger share of ad money away
- Intel shares fall 3% after missing expectations for key segment
- Jon Hamm says he learned everything he needed to know from
- Larry Page provides new insight into Alphabet’s health ambitions
- Microsoft blames slow Surface sales for revenue miss
- Party City explores sale, sources say
- Ryan says vote on Obamacare replacement will happen ‘when we have
- Southwest Airlines profit misses estimates as expenses swell
- The crucial money decision Elon Musk made when he was broke
- This chart reveals economists may be overestimating the ‘Trump
- Too few listings hit pending home sales in March, down 0.8%
- Mnuchin sidesteps promise that Trump tax plan won’t bust the
- Trump’s tax plan may reignite one of the most popular trades of
- Trump’s tax plan won’t affect 401(k) deductions, White House says
- Op-Ed: Tips for millennials who want to retire well
- United settles with passenger dragged off flight
- This tech stock just got a ‘double upgrade’ because of Trump’s tax
- Wall Street wants millennials to invest like their stock-loving
- Sam Altman on the end of net neutrality: ‘I think this could