Dow appreciates 39.03 points ( +0.19 %) to settle at 20,689.24.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 1.32 points ( +0.06 %) and is now at 2,360.16.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 3.93 points ( +0.07 %) close at 5,898.61.
Oil settles at $51.11 ( +0.16 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,258.30 ( -0.01 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.35%. The interest rate of the yield has increased (0.00%), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 42.15 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 50.12 %. Volume is 05.10 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 42.76 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 59.73 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 00.82 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.94 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 13.99 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.83, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.84 % and average yield is 01.59 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.36. The PEGY Ratio of 2.36 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.03 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 906.83 (15.32; 01.72 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 100.78 (-7.60;-07.01 %)
- Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) at 303.7 (5.18; 01.74 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 144.77 (1.07; 00.74 %)
- Gartner, Inc. (IT) at 108.7 (-0.25;-00.23 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- General Communication, Inc. (GNCMA) at 33.39 (12.83; 62.40 %)
- Innocoll Holdings plc (INNL) at 1.82 (0.54; 42.19 %)
- Seanergy Maritime Holdings Corp. (SHIP) at 1.1 (0.27; 32.53 %)
- Conn’s, Inc. (CONN) at 10.9 (2.45; 28.99 %)
- Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (PRTK) at 22.85 (4.25; 22.85 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Adeptus Health Inc. (ADPT) at 1.33 (-0.52;-28.11 %)
- Unilife Corporation (UNIS) at 1.25 (-0.45;-26.47 %)
- Aethlon Medical, Inc. (AEMD) at 2.44 (-0.59;-19.47 %)
- Seadrill Partners LLC (SDLP) at 2.9 (-0.59;-16.91 %)
- Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI) at 173.93 (-30.13;-14.77 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue Apr 4 15:00:01 MDT 2017)
- Warren Buffett’s favorite CEO annual letter is not his own. It’s
- Here’s what the ad industry thinks of the massive Google boycott
- Oil rises near 1-month high as market expects fall in US crude
- 17 things high-performing leaders do
- Acuity Brands shares plunge after disappointing second-quarter
- Bond market is flashing doubt that Trump can jump-start economy
- Despite Trump’s claims, Dodd-Frank hasn’t slowed lending
- Factory orders rise 1 percent in February, in line with estimates
- Fed’s Tarullo: Reduction of capital at US banks ‘would be
- Islamic State says US ‘being run by an idiot’
- This company would be the most logical buyer of Panera, analyst
- JPMorgan’s Dimon: ‘Too big to fail has been solved’
- Pink diamond auctioned for record $71.2 million in Hong Kong
- Ralph Lauren shuttering Fifth Avenue Polo store down the street
- Richmond Fed President Lacker says he was involved with Medley
- Speaker Ryan says no ‘bill … or agreement’ yet on new Obamacare
- Shares of First Solar still higher after White House denies carbon
- St. Petersburg subway bomb suspect named as Akbarzhon Jalilov
- Op-Ed: The GOP is blowing it on tax reform
- These Uber business proposals show how data could justify its $68
- Trump advisor Cohn touts Elon Musk’s infrastructure solution:
- Trump blames Syria attack on Assad ‘ and Obama
- What Amazon’s physical bookstores say about the future
- Trader Talk: What happened to all the volume and volatility?
- Whether Susan Rice ‘unmasked’ Americans is new battle between GOP
- What JPMorgan CEO Dimon gets wrong about the student debt crisis
- White House says value-added, carbon taxes are not under
- Military nightmare scenario brewing in the East China Sea