Dow appreciates 183.67 points ( +0.90 %) to settle at 20,636.92.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 20.06 points ( +0.86 %) and is now at 2,349.01.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 51.64 points ( +0.89 %) close at 5,856.79.
Oil settles at $52.73 ( +0.15 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,286.00 ( -0.46 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.25%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.02 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 71.24 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 21.78 %. Volume is -20.21 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 44.90 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 57.45 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 01.42 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.42 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 11.93 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.41, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.81 % and average yield is 01.65 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.32. The PEGY Ratio of 2.32 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.00 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 901.99 (17.32; 01.96 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 141.83 (0.78; 00.55 %)
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) at 147.25 (4.33; 03.03 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.81 (0.47; 02.10 %)
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) at 52.72 (1.37; 02.67 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. (CBLI) at 4.8 (3.24; 207.69 %)
- MOCON, Inc. (MOCO) at 29.7 (8.05; 37.18 %)
- Superconductor Technologies Inc. (SCON) at 2.1 (0.43; 25.75 %)
- Straight Path Communications Inc. (STRP) at 112.49 (20.79; 22.67 %)
- Westport Fuel Systems Inc. (WPRT) at 1.27 (0.21; 19.81 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Skyline Corporation (SKY) at 6.1 (-2.35;-27.81 %)
- Vince Holding Corp. (VNCE) at 1.05 (-0.25;-19.23 %)
- Lime Energy Co. (LIME) at 1.65 (-0.35;-17.50 %)
- OncoMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OMED) at 4.01 (-0.83;-17.15 %)
- Snyder’s-Lance, Inc. (LNCE) at 33.76 (-6.16;-15.43 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Mon Apr 17 15:00:01 MDT 2017)
- US producer prices post first drop in seven months
- Delta changes policy, will now pay customers up to nearly $10,000
- US oil settles at $52.65 a barrel, down 53 cents as trade thins
- 3 money-saving tricks from a finance pro who sold her company for
- You may actually want to reject this investing advice from Bogle
- Activist Paul Singer claims Arconic CEO tried to extort his firm
- Billionaire Jeff Greene: I think we’re likely to have a slowdown
- Brazil is growing at its fastest pace in 7 years, and investors
- Buffett-follower Mohnish Pabrai says General Motors should scrap
- Eli Lilly shares slide after FDA knocks down arthritis drug
- First-quarter growth was likely below 1%, according to latest
- HCA cuts forecast citing lower hospital admissions, sending
- Arconic stock jumps after Klaus Kleinfeld steps down as chair and
- Meet the man who makes Facebook’s machines think
- 3 apps you can use to file your taxes from your phone
- Netflix stock slips as it adds fewer-than-expected subscribers
- New leadership at Arconic could bring growth, analyst says
- ‘Sinister’ things going on in the bond market, recession a
- Most Americans no longer think Trump is keeping his promises, poll
- Op-Ed: What Trump is getting right about North Korea
- United CEO apologizes again for scandal; company beats on earnings
- US admits Trump tax reforms will be hit by healthcare setback
- Dow surges despite geopolitical drama
- Wells Fargo’s top two executives just gave the stock a $5 million
- You’re about to pay more for your burrito at Chipotle