Dow appreciates 174.22 points ( +0.85 %) to settle at 20,578.71.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 17.67 points ( +0.76 %) and is now at 2,355.84.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 53.75 points ( +0.92 %) close at 5,916.78.
Oil settles at $50.66 ( -0.10 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,283.40 ( -0.03 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.24%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.04 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 69.02 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 23.25 %. Volume is 02.34 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 54.44 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 60.08 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 02.69 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.54 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 11.49 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.69, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.80 % and average yield is 01.65 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.42. The PEGY Ratio of 2.42 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.01 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 142.44 (1.76; 01.25 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 902.06 (2.86; 00.32 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 23.07 (0.33; 01.45 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 143.8 (1.53; 01.08 %)
- Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) at 302.51 (-3.01;-00.99 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Immune Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (IMNP) at 3.65 (1.21; 49.59 %)
- North Atlantic Drilling Limited (NADL) at 2.7 (0.72; 36.36 %)
- Select Comfort Corporation (SCSS) at 33.18 (7.31; 28.26 %)
- Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc. (HMNY) at 3.27 (0.56; 20.66 %)
- SunCoke Energy, Inc. (SXC) at 10.01 (1.70; 20.46 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Ocwen Financial Corporation (OCN) at 2.49 (-2.91;-53.89 %)
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS) at 25.44 (-18.44;-42.02 %)
- Aldeyra Therapeutics, Inc. (ALDX) at 4.35 (-0.85;-16.35 %)
- Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. (CBLI) at 4.27 (-0.83;-16.27 %)
- Apricus Biosciences, Inc. (APRI) at 1.37 (-0.17;-11.04 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Apr 20 15:00:01 MDT 2017)
- US oil settles at $50.27 a barrel, down 17 cents as rising US
- State pension funds paying billions in hidden fees, Pew study
- Wal-Mart is ‘poking the bear,’ says Barclays analyst
- Apple CEO Tim Cook reveals what’s really valuable about the Uber
- Bill O’Reilly was taken down by New York Times reporter he
- Breakingviews: JPMorgan believes a $100 billion deal may happen
- Buy Microsoft before earnings on rising cloud profitability,
- Republicans have a new plan to repeal Obamacare ‘ and here it is
- Ex-Fed Chairman Greenspan: Get rid of Dodd-Frank and watch
- One police officer reportedly killed in Paris shooting, 2 others
- Trump looks like he’ll miss another deadline on another promise
- New model may change your credit score
- Mattel shares sink after another quarter of lower sales
- Read the full health-care proposal memo here
- Retail stocks jump on earnings, tax reform optimism; shares are up
- Op-Ed: The most frightening economic indicator in America
- The market suddenly doubts the Fed will raise rates twice more
- The US can’t afford Trump’s $1 trillion infrastructure spending,
- Op-Ed: The US is falling behind other countries’like Canada’on
- Stocks surge but fall short of level many traders wanted
- Trader Talk: There are several reasons behind today’s rally
- Treasury’s Mnuchin: We’re ‘pretty close’ to bringing forward
- Trump’s plan for next week: Get a vote on health care and keep the
- Vaping industry takes a page from Apple’s book
- Visa gains 3% after earnings beat, company announces $5 billion