Dow declines 6.71 points ( -0.03 %) to settle at 20,661.30.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 4.43 points ( +0.19 %) and is now at 2,348.45.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 27.81 points ( +0.48 %) close at 5,821.64.
Oil settles at $48.13 ( +0.19 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,248.20 ( -0.12 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.40%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.04 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 41.35 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 51.93 %. Volume is 00.07 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 35.57 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 55.68 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 00.70 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 01.82 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 15.79 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.6, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.79 % and average yield is 01.65 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.29. The PEGY Ratio of 2.29 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.83 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.94 (-0.08;-00.35 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 141.42 (1.58; 01.13 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 139.59 (1.08; 00.78 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 848.06 (4.86; 00.58 %)
- NIKE, Inc. (NKE) at 53.92 (-4.09;-07.05 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Vince Holding Corp (VNCE) at 1.9 (0.35; 22.58 %)
- Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (IDRA) at 2.49 (0.40; 19.14 %)
- CPS Technologies Corporation (CPSH) at 1.58 (0.23; 17.04 %)
- Cleantech Solutions International, Inc. (CLNT) at 3.08 (0.43; 16.23 %)
- InspireMD, Inc. (NSPR) at 1.06 (0.13; 13.98 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Diana Containerships Inc. (DCIX) at 1.64 (-0.64;-28.07 %)
- Semler Scientific, Inc. (SMLR) at 2.3 (-0.65;-22.03 %)
- Xcel Brands, Inc. (XELB) at 2.65 (-0.74;-21.83 %)
- Avalon Holdings Corporation (AWX) at 2.4 (-0.40;-14.29 %)
- Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD) at 7.98 (-1.12;-12.31 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Wed Mar 22 15:00:02 MDT 2017)
- Trump’s golfing as president is different than Obama’s golfing as
- Oil settles at $48.04, down 20 cents, as US crude stockpiles swell
- Snap stock rises after clinching its second ‘buy’ rating
- Baidu stock down after chief AI scientist leaves
- Fed’s Kaplan sees 3 rate hikes in 2017
- Frontier Communications shares fall after talk of dividend
- Fate of Trump rally rests on GOP struggle to kill Obamacare
- London Parliament attack: British spies warned terrorism was
- Walt Mossberg: Today’s AI will look ‘primitive’ in 10 years
- Mylan recalls 81,00 EpiPens outside US after reports of failure
- US adds 400,000 millionaire households, setting fresh record
- Scenes from the UK Parliament attack
- 4 dead, including police officer, in London terrorist attack
- The AHCA gives millionaires $50K but takes $1,420 from poor
- The dinosaur family tree needs a big rewrite, say scientists
- A Donald Trump vs. Janet Yellen clash is getting closer to
- Op-Ed: There is one way to slow down the Fed: Build more homes
- Trump expects Obamacare replacement to pass, vote needs to happen:
- Trump’s first big test comes as he’s in an unusual position of
- Live Watch: Senate grills Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Gorsuch in
- When this is happening in the bond market, you don’t want to own