Dow declines 44.11 points ( -0.21 %) to settle at 20,837.37.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 8.02 points ( -0.34 %) and is now at 2,365.45.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 18.96 points ( -0.32 %) closing at 5,856.82.
Oil settles at $48.36 ( +1.34 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,197.30 ( -0.44 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.59%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.01 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 28.44 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 64.02 %. Volume is -04.55 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 41.05 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 57.62 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 00.86 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 01.10 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 17.48 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.76, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.62 % and average yield is 01.65 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.37. The PEGY Ratio of 2.37 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.13 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 138.99 (-0.21;-00.15 %)
- Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) at 258 (11.83; 04.81 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 852.53 (-2.06;-00.24 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 139.32 (-0.28;-00.20 %)
- Mobileye N.V. (MBLY) at 60.96 (0.34; 00.56 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- DragonWave Inc. (DRWI) at 1.9 (0.75; 65.22 %)
- MoneyGram International, Inc. (MGI) at 15.77 (3.11; 24.57 %)
- Ruby Tuesday, Inc. (RT) at 2.16 (0.42; 24.14 %)
- Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc. (CVRS) at 1.41 (0.23; 19.49 %)
- KMG Chemicals, Inc. (KMG) at 43.88 (5.41; 14.06 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Walter Investment Management Corp. (WAC) at 1.65 (-1.05;-38.89 %)
- Adeptus Health Inc. (ADPT) at 1.48 (-0.84;-36.21 %)
- Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (OSIR) at 2.85 (-1.01;-26.17 %)
- Aratana Therapeutics, Inc. (PETX) at 5.32 (-1.63;-23.45 %)
- Allied Motion Technologies Inc. (AMOT) at 19.26 (-4.18;-17.83 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue Mar 14 15:00:02 MDT 2017)
- Oil prices hit three-month lows as OPEC reports rising stocks
- US banks are still the fairest of them all: Mike Mayo
- Apple found guilty of fixing iPhone prices in Russia
- CNBC survey: Look out for a more aggressive Fed this year
- CNBC survey sees more hope for GOP health-care reform
- Early spring has caused a big headache for farmers as freeze
- Big oil’s list of worries just got bigger
- How the Fed rate hike will affect borrowers (a lot) and savers
- How Janet Yellen could tee up a stealth rate hike for later this
- Judge approves landmark Remington rifle settlement
- More than 1.1 million borrowers defaulted on their federal student
- Nike shares to rally on new Air VaporMax shoe, Credit Suisse says
- World’s oldest plant-like fossils push back evolutionary timeline
- Linked: In co-founder Reid Hoffman joined Microsoft’s board – here’s
- Here’s what tech investors were talking about at SXSW this week
- Op-Ed: The US just fired a $1 billion warning shot with massive
- US Trade Representative nominee: unclear if China is still
- White House on Obamacare repeal: ‘This is it,’ passing another
- White House won’t project number insured under Obamacare
- Worker safety rules are among those under fire in Trump era