Dow declines 29.58 points ( -0.14 %) to settle at 20,924.76.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 6.92 points ( -0.29 %) and is now at 2,368.39.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 15.25 points ( -0.26 %) closing at 5,833.93.
Oil settles at $52.80 ( -0.64 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,215.70 ( -0.03 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.51%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.02 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 29.51 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 62.70 %. Volume is 00.66 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 45.35 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 61.49 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 00.93 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 01.42 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 19.05 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.03, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.52 % and average yield is 01.58 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.40. The PEGY Ratio of 2.40 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.12 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 139.52 (0.18; 00.13 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 846.02 (-0.59;-00.07 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 137.3 (-0.12;-00.09 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 25.21 (-0.04;-00.16 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 98.74 (1.07; 01.10 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Nimble Storage, Inc. (NMBL) at 12.58 (3.98; 46.28 %)
- Turtle Beach Corporation (HEAR) at 1.39 (0.35; 33.65 %)
- MoSys, Inc. (MOSY) at 2.74 (0.59; 27.44 %)
- NTN Buzztime, Inc. (NTN) at 7.2 (1.38; 23.71 %)
- ParkerVision, Inc. (PRKR) at 2.59 (0.48; 22.75 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Avinger, Inc. (AVGR) at 2.1 (-0.53;-20.15 %)
- IDT Corporation (IDT) at 15.41 (-3.18;-17.11 %)
- Seadrill Partners LLC (SDLP) at 2.99 (-0.60;-16.71 %)
- Danaos Corporation (DAC) at 1.85 (-0.35;-15.91 %)
- Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc. (CVRS) at 1.01 (-0.18;-15.13 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue Mar 7 15:00:02 MST 2017)
- CEO of world’s largest ad agency sees start of a social media war
- The US government changed H-1B visa rules. Here’s what it means
- Lending gap or not, women are beating out men 5 to 1 in this
- Oil prices little changed on mixed Saudi messages before US
- Up to 10 million would lose health insurance under GOP’s Obamacare
- Banks are about to get a huge cash windfall thanks to Trump
- Don’t get taken in when shopping for funeral costs
- Cross one global economic problem off the list, for now
- House Intelligence Committee to hold first public hearing on
- Op-Ed: The simple way to unlock global growth
- Investors wary of Trump despite rally, survey says
- Oil industry heading for next crisis if things don’t change,
- Oil lower for longer, with a lot of volatility ahead,
- OPEC provides a sneak peek at ‘much higher’ oil output cut data
- Panama ex-dictator Noriega in critical condition after surgery,
- Peter Thiel’s tech company, Palantir, could help Trump crack down
- Shares of RV maker Thor drop nearly 10% on narrower profit margins
- When your gold Rolex isn’t cool enough you do this
- Train hits bus in Mississippi; 3 dead, unknown number hurt
- Trump endorses GOP replacement plan for Obamacare, says ‘let’s get
- US credit card debt shrinks in January
- ‘We are putting the world on notice’: Commerce Sec warns after
- Why one trader is betting over $1 million against Europe