Dow declines 237.85 points ( -1.14 %) to settle at 20,668.01.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 29.45 points ( -1.24 %) and is now at 2,344.02.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 107.7 points ( -1.82 %) closing at 5,793.83.
Oil settles at $48.17 ( -0.15 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,245.10 ( -0.11 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.44%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.04 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 13.17 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 81.61 %. Volume is 1097.72 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 36.44 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 56.61 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 00.47 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 01.33 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 15.92 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.87, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.73 % and average yield is 01.65 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.32. The PEGY Ratio of 2.32 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.84 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (MKTX) at 184.43 (-5.40;-02.84 %)
- Arch Capital Group Ltd. (ACGL) at 93.61 (-1.59;-01.67 %)
- Northern Trust Corporation (NTRS) at 86.33 (-1.69;-01.92 %)
- CBOE Holdings, Inc. (CBOE) at 79.64 (-0.87;-01.08 %)
- Texas Capital Bancshares, Inc. (TCBI) at 79.15 (-5.30;-06.28 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Pulmatrix, Inc. (PULM) at 3.88 (1.10; 39.57 %)
- Versar, Inc. (VSR) at 1.55 (0.42; 37.17 %)
- Silicom Ltd. (SILC) at 46.74 (8.03; 20.74 %)
- Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc. (BBGI) at 11.5 (1.43; 14.20 %)
- Hornbeck Offshore Services, Inc. (HOS) at 4.19 (0.48; 12.94 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Bebe Stores, Inc. (BEBE) at 3.57 (-2.86;-44.48 %)
- Sunshine Heart, Inc. (SSH) at 2.05 (-0.78;-27.56 %)
- Calithera Biosciences, Inc. (CALA) at 10.55 (-1.80;-14.57 %)
- Genco Shipping & Trading Limited (GNK) at 10.68 (-1.81;-14.49 %)
- Star Bulk Carriers Corp. (SBLK) at 9.78 (-1.60;-14.06 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue Mar 21 15:00:02 MDT 2017)
- Oil prices slide as market discounts OPEC output cut extension
- Pink diamond could become most expensive ever at auction
- Your Target store is about to look a lot different. Here’s what to
- A record number of investors think this market is overvalued
- Analyst Dick Bove: The Trump bank stocks rally is over, at least
- Analyst on Disney’s “Beast” mode and how it’ll continue
- CEO pay is on the rise again as boards cheer Wall Street gains
- Border adjustment tax has become a ‘given,’ chief GOP tax writer
- Chevy Bolt discounting proves its ‘dead,’ says Tesla bull
- Disney accused in suit of ripping off idea for ‘Zootopia’, Academy
- Fed: Ex shares fall 4% after earnings miss
- Freedom Caucus threatens formal opposition to Obamacare
- Here comes the next version of Android, with a big push for better
- ‘Healthy’ pullback an ‘attractive buying opportunity,’ say
- Spicer says markets shouldn’t be used to measure administration’s
- Mnuchin pal in line to head key banking agency; Fed post also
- Nike is about to report earnings, here’s what one analyst expects
- Ryan says Trump ‘knocked the ball out of the park’ in Obamacare
- Possible conflict of interest looms over Kushner family skyscraper
- CEO warns retailer’s tax rate to skyrocket 85 percent under border
- Apple needs to make more products in the US, former AOL president
- Trader bets on more pain ahead for auto giant
- Markets have first doubts on Trump and Republican policy promises
- Live Watch: Gorsuch gets pressed on his independence from Trump in
- The rich would get a giant tax cut this year under GOP health-care