Dow declines 19.93 points ( -0.10 %) to settle at 20,914.62.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 3.13 points ( -0.13 %) and is now at 2,378.25.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 0.24 points (+0.00%) close at 5,901.00.
Oil settles at $48.69 ( -0.18 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,229.30 ( -0.07 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.50%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.02 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 53.47 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 40.06 %. Volume is 58.61 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 51.69 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 63.52 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 03.20 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.49 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 16.89 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.88, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.64 % and average yield is 01.72 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.35. The PEGY Ratio of 2.35 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.83 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 139.99 (-0.70;-00.50 %)
- Amgen Inc. (AMGN) at 168.61 (-11.50;-06.38 %)
- The Procter & Gamble Company (PG) at 91 (-0.44;-00.48 %)
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) at 64.87 (0.23; 00.36 %)
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) at 13.49 (-0.16;-01.17 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Pulmatrix, Inc. (PULM) at 3.09 (0.75; 32.05 %)
- Arbutus Biopharma Corporation (ABUS) at 3.4 (0.55; 19.30 %)
- Wilhelmina International, Inc. (WHLM) at 8.47 (1.37; 19.30 %)
- Cancer Genetics, Inc. (CGIX) at 2.95 (0.45; 18.00 %)
- RGC Resources, Inc. (RGCO) at 22.5 (3.43; 17.99 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Innocoll Holdings plc (INNL) at 1.25 (-0.63;-33.51 %)
- Bellerophon Therapeutics, Inc. (BLPH) at 1.03 (-0.45;-30.41 %)
- Esperion Therapeutics, Inc. (ESPR) at 23.67 (-5.98;-20.17 %)
- BioAmber Inc. (BIOA) at 2.55 (-0.59;-18.79 %)
- AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. (AFSI) at 17.58 (-4.03;-18.65 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Fri Mar 17 15:00:01 MDT 2017)
- The female farmer whose multimillion-dollar success was built on
- A bunch of start-ups delivered pitches in a helicopter flying over
- Oil prices get support from weaker dollar, but supply worries
- The Fed is no longer ‘story No. 1’ on Wall Street
- The co-founder of $31 billion Airbnb expects a ‘revolution’ in air
- Arctic and Antarctic sea ice at record lows during unusually warm
- GOP health-care plan could signal the beginning of the end for
- Some on Wall Street are making a new bet on investors’ consciences
- Kashkari wants plan on balance sheet before any more hikes
- Fired US attorney Preet Bharara said to have been investigating
- If you’re lucky, you’ll avoid this painful St. Patrick’s Day bill
- It’s what Trump didn’t say with Merkel that worries Europe: Former
- Justice Department formally appeals ruling blocking Trump’s travel
- Laptop containing Trump Tower plans and Clinton email probe stolen
- Op-Ed: Merkel hands Trump his second win of the week
- Non-OPEC oil producers keep on pumping, deliver just 64% of
- Russian elite invested nearly $100 million in Trump buildings
- Snap shares close the week down as another Wall Street analyst
- Trump doubles down on wiretapping claims, says he and Merkel ‘have
- Trump expresses ‘strong support’ for NATO, presses Merkel on
- Trump says Obamacare ‘dead,’ says he flipped GOP votes to yes for
- Trump warns Germany that trade terms may be changing
- Wal-Mart continues its e-commerce shopping spree, snapping up