Dow declines 15.55 points ( -0.07 %) to settle at 20,934.55.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 3.88 points ( -0.16 %) and is now at 2,381.38.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 0.71 points ( +0.01 %) close at 5,900.76.
Oil settles at $48.79 ( +0.08 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,226.30 ( -0.07 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.52%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.01 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 52.38 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 40.24 %. Volume is -04.42 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 49.65 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 62.56 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 02.45 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.44 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 16.68 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.89, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.68 % and average yield is 01.64 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.36. The PEGY Ratio of 2.36 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.87 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Oracle Corporation (ORCL) at 45.73 (2.68; 06.23 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 140.69 (0.23; 00.16 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 139.99 (0.27; 00.19 %)
- Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) at 262.05 (6.32; 02.47 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 25.22 (0.04; 00.16 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Top Ships Inc. (TOPS) at 2.2 (1.15; 109.52 %)
- Innocoll Holdings plc (INNL) at 1.88 (0.51; 37.23 %)
- Seres Therapeutics, Inc. (MCRB) at 12.71 (3.44; 37.11 %)
- Sino-Global Shipping America, Ltd. (SINO) at 3.12 (0.60; 23.81 %)
- iPass Inc. (IPAS) at 1.19 (0.18; 17.82 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- TrovaGene, Inc. (TROV) at 1.3 (-0.45;-25.71 %)
- Arotech Corporation (ARTX) at 3.05 (-1.05;-25.61 %)
- CareDx, Inc (CDNA) at 1.6 (-0.55;-25.58 %)
- Walter Investment Management Corp. (WAC) at 1.2 (-0.35;-22.58 %)
- PTC Therapeutics, Inc. (PTCT) at 8.84 (-2.06;-18.90 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Mar 16 15:00:01 MDT 2017)
- Here’s what tech investors were talking about at SXSW this week
- Trump administration wants to divert infrastructure funds to its
- Crude oil futures trade flat despite weak dollar, as US stockpiles
- Tech is leading the market ‘ and this stock could be the pick of
- The Fed struck just the right tone with the markets
- Trump rolls out a ‘hard-power’ spending plan ‘ and now the budget
- Adobe jumps after earnings, revenue exceed Street estimates
- After betting big on digital, Domino’s Pizza is eyeing the next
- Ex-Wells Fargo exec’s $53 million in stock options is likely to be
- Go: Pro’s CEO Nick Woodman: ‘We failed to make GoPro contemporary’
- Op-Ed: Here’s the $156 billion in wasteful military spending Trump
- HUD Sec Ben Carson champions program Trump budget aims to kill
- ‘Just say no’: AG Sessions cites old school anti-drug motto
- Las Vegas bookies expect big money from March Madness
- Paul Ryan backs intel committees: ‘No such wiretap existed,’ as
- Rural America and farm sector to take a hit with Trump’s budget
- Russia reportedly paid $45,000 for Michael Flynn’s 2015 talk
- No evidence Trump Tower was wiretapped, Senate committee leaders
- Real estate mogul: Spend more on this feature to increase the
- Tesla looks good in 2020 despite near-term risks, says analyst
- The Fed will lead markets, not follow them, says Mohamed El-Erian
- The Yucca Mountain nuclear waste dump, a political hot potato, is
- These budget cuts could be politically costly for the Trump
- Trump doesn’t want trade wars, Treasury Secretary Mnuchin says
- Trump’s 1040 only scratches the surface
- Trump’s federal budget would eliminate dozens of agencies and
- US dollar in focus as traders watch G20 finance minister meeting
- Why the Fed is no longer ‘story No. 1’ on Wall Street