Dow declines 112.58 points ( -0.53 %) to settle at 21,002.97.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 14.04 points ( -0.59 %) and is now at 2,381.92.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 42.81 points ( -0.73 %) closing at 5,861.22.
Oil settles at $52.63 ( +0.04 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,235.00 ( +0.17 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.49%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.03 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 25.58 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 68.03 %. Volume is 09.62 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 53.87 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 65.75 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 01.21 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.74 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 18.99 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.55, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.94 % and average yield is 01.53 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.48. The PEGY Ratio of 2.48 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.78 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 25.23 (-0.27;-01.06 %)
- Caterpillar Inc. (CAT) at 94.36 (-4.22;-04.28 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 99 (-3.79;-03.69 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 848.91 (-4.17;-00.49 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 136.76 (-0.66;-00.48 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Navigator Holdings Ltd. (NVGS) at 14 (3.00; 27.27 %)
- Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc. (KPTI) at 13.84 (2.81; 25.48 %)
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. (CCO) at 6.05 (1.10; 22.22 %)
- NewLink Genetics Corporation (NLNK) at 19.73 (2.95; 17.58 %)
- Ameresco, Inc. (AMRC) at 6.1 (0.90; 17.31 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Adeptus Health Inc. (ADPT) at 2.79 (-3.76;-57.40 %)
- RGC Resources, Inc. (RGCO) at 20.16 (-7.84;-28.00 %)
- Endeavour Silver Corp. (EXK) at 3.3 (-1.09;-24.83 %)
- Omega Protein Corporation (OME) at 20 (-6.25;-23.81 %)
- PTC Therapeutics, Inc. (PTCT) at 10.58 (-2.60;-19.73 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Mar 2 15:00:02 MST 2017)
- 25 promising start-up ideas the world may soon view as essential
- Inside the secret garage of luxury watchmaker Richard Mille
- US oil settles at $52.61 a barrel, down $1.22 after Russian output
- Oprah doesn’t rule out running for president
- SEC committee to probe Snap’s decision deny shareholders voting
- Abercrombie insists it’s not a teen retailer as it struggles to
- Amazon blames human error for cloud-service disruption
- American Express revamps Platinum card with $200 Uber bonus and
- Attorney General Sessions will recuse himself from investigations
- ‘Big Bang Theory’ stars give up $100,000 each to help actresses
- Box shares fall 8% after guidance disappoints
- China is buying less of Hollywood, but more of everything else in
- Here’s how the US should go after Russia for election tampering,
- Here are the biggest links ‘ and alleged links ‘ between the Trump
- Miami Dolphins prepare for life after football
- Mobileye CEO dismisses tough talk from noted short seller
- Here’s what at stake for Nintendo when it launches the Switch
- Paul Ryan: No reason for Sessions to recuse himself unless
- Snap gets its first Wall Street rating…and it’s a sell
- Snap’s first investor thinks this tech company will be the next
- Now that Snap is public, Wall Street is dividing into bull and
- Here’s how much Snap’s founders stand to make from the IPO
- Op-Ed: This could be a huge revenue stream for Snap
- Snap closes up 44% after rollicking IPO
- Snap’s making the same ‘terrible’ mistake as other tech companies,
- The Fed has ‘no excuse’ not to hike in March, Cramer says
- Trump says he has ‘total’ confidence in Sessions amid calls for