Dow appreciates 2.46 points ( +0.01 %) to settle at 20,858.19.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 1.89 points ( +0.08 %) and is now at 2,364.87.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 1.26 points ( +0.02 %) close at 5,838.81.
Oil settles at $49.56 ( -1.43 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,200.40 ( -0.23 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.60%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.05 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 36.21 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 56.64 %. Volume is 02.76 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 40.51 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 58.39 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 00.93 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 01.59 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 19.06 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.82, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.87 % and average yield is 01.59 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.32. The PEGY Ratio of 2.32 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.12 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 138.68 (-0.32;-00.23 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 138.24 (0.52; 00.38 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 25.35 (0.09; 00.36 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 853 (2.50; 00.29 %)
- Citigroup Inc. (C) at 61.55 (0.44; 00.72 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Ocera Therapeutics, Inc. (OCRX) at 1.89 (0.79; 71.82 %)
- Comtech Telecommunications Corp. (CMTL) at 13.78 (2.65; 23.81 %)
- Curis, Inc. (CRIS) at 3.08 (0.53; 20.78 %)
- MaxPoint Interactive, Inc. (MXPT) at 5.51 (0.93; 20.31 %)
- Cymabay Therapeutics, Inc. (CBAY) at 4.09 (0.69; 20.29 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- InspireMD, Inc. (NSPR) at 1.23 (-0.74;-37.56 %)
- Turtle Beach Corporation (HEAR) at 1.07 (-0.34;-24.11 %)
- 21Vianet Group, Inc. (VNET) at 5.61 (-1.44;-20.43 %)
- Atlantic Alliance Partnership Corp. (AAPC) at 10.02 (-2.04;-16.92 %)
- Fairmount Santrol Holdings Inc. (FMSA) at 7.3 (-1.36;-15.70 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Mar 9 15:00:02 MST 2017)
- US crude tumbles again, settling at $49.28, lowest close since
- 30 million could get hit with health insurance penalty under GOP
- America’s school facilities get a near-failing grade
- Analyst bullish on JC Penney: Every single retailer has to try new
- At 12, ‘Sitcom Kid’ Albert Tsai Dreams of Stanford and ‘Shark
- Bond yields just hit the level that Bill Gross said would signify
- FBI Director Comey meets with senators on matters related to Trump
- Final countdown to big jobs Friday ‘ and a rate hike
- Hain Celestial investors hope Friday event yields clues about
- Here’s what happens to stocks right before the Fed raises rates
- Hospital shares bounce back as Obamacare replacement opposition
- If you have a smart TV, take a closer look at your privacy
- JC Penney wants to remodel your bathroom
- Mitch McConnell thinks tax reform will take longer than Trump
- Mnuchin calls on Congress to raise debt limit as deadline
- NYT ‘sponsor a subscription’ has given 1.3 million students Times
- Obamacare creators tell GOP: We told you so
- Oil is heading to $42 after speculators throw in the towel, says
- Randi Zuckerberg on how to land a job in tech
- Republicans forge ahead on Obamacare repeal despite US budget
- Saber rattling: China and US at a dangerous military tipping point
- Saudis to US oil firms: Don’t expect OPEC cuts to offset rising
- Scott Pruitt’s latest climate change denial sparks backlash from
- Shares of Tailored Brands plunge after fourth quarter miss, weak
- The world’s billionaires are now worth $8 trillion
- This is what it’s like working with ‘businessman Trump,’ Dow
- Trump told Mnuchin he wants deregulation done in six months,
- Claims rebound from 44-year low
- Op-Ed: Fix the toxic culture and other things Uber’s future COO