Dow appreciates 112.73 points ( +0.54 %) to settle at 20,950.10.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 19.81 points ( +0.84 %) and is now at 2,385.26.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 43.23 points ( +0.74 %) close at 5,900.05.
Oil settles at $49.00 ( +0.29 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,219.30 ( +1.55 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.51%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.09 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 72.26 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 21.06 %. Volume is 10.62 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 46.80 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 61.42 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 04.06 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.37 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 17.74 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.69, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.66 % and average yield is 01.64 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.34. The PEGY Ratio of 2.34 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 07.13 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 140.46 (1.47; 01.06 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 25.18 (-0.14;-00.55 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 139.72 (0.40; 00.29 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 852.97 (0.44; 00.05 %)
- Synopsys, Inc. (SNPS) at 70.25 (-0.51;-00.72 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Digital Power Corporation (DPW) at 1.2 (0.61; 103.39 %)
- Cerulean Pharma Inc. (CERU) at 2.98 (0.74; 33.04 %)
- Catalyst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (CPRX) at 1.55 (0.38; 32.48 %)
- KCG Holdings, Inc. (KCG) at 16.9 (3.17; 23.09 %)
- Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. (ARCO) at 7.6 (1.25; 19.69 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- the Rubicon Project, Inc. (RUBI) at 6.06 (-2.33;-27.77 %)
- Connecture, Inc. (CNXR) at 1.4 (-0.51;-26.70 %)
- FTD Companies, Inc. (FTD) at 17.85 (-5.54;-23.69 %)
- DragonWave Inc. (DRWI) at 1.45 (-0.45;-23.68 %)
- Cypress Energy Partners, L.P. (CELP) at 9.22 (-2.62;-22.13 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Wed Mar 15 15:00:02 MDT 2017)
- Here’s what tech investors were talking about at SXSW this week
- Atlanta Fed downgrades US Q1 GDP view below 1%
- Bill Gross: This could cause ‘hell’ to break loose in the global
- The big winner at SXSW this year wasn’t an app: It was a mattress
- With no recession on the horizon, we’re full speed ahead,
- Espionage risk to US heightened as China’s military presses its
- Exit poll has populists behind in Dutch election
- What a rate hike means for your credit card
- The Fed maintains 2017, 2018 rate forecast
- Fed raises rates at March meeting
- Former Yahoo exec: Lawyer ‘took the hit’ for Marissa Mayer
- GOP health plan can win, but Trump faces obstacles in every
- Health insurers getting the hang of Obamacare as GOP pushes
- In Michigan, Trump proclaims the ‘assault on the American auto
- Janet Yellen just took on the Fed’s $4.5 trillion question
- Here’s what changed in the new Fed statement
- Now that the Fed has hiked rates, here’s who will get hit first
- Tesla to raise $1.15 billion in series of offerings
- The Fed struck just the right tone with the markets
- Americans spent slightly more at retail stores last month
- Yellen tells consumers after rate hike: ‘The simple message is the