Dow declines 25.2 points ( -0.12 %) to settle at 20,812.24.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 6.11 points ( -0.26 %) and is now at 2,363.64.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 36.46 points ( -0.62 %) closing at 5,825.44.
Oil settles at $53.89 ( -0.22 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,249.50 ( -0.35 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.36%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.01 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 21.44 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 73.09 %. Volume is 21.72 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 51.51 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 65.07 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 01.21 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.74 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 22.52 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.49, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.88 % and average yield is 01.53 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.46. The PEGY Ratio of 2.46 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.78 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 136.99 (0.06; 00.04 %)
- The Priceline Group Inc. (PCLN) at 1724.13 (92.12; 05.64 %)
- Target Corporation (TGT) at 58.77 (-8.14;-12.17 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 845.04 (-3.60;-00.42 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 24.68 (0.11; 00.45 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Castle Brands Inc. (ROX) at 1.04 (0.31; 42.47 %)
- Kite Pharma, Inc. (KITE) at 70.77 (13.94; 24.53 %)
- LSB Industries, Inc. (LXU) at 10.87 (2.03; 22.96 %)
- Prima Biomed Ltd. (PBMD) at 2.93 (0.54; 22.59 %)
- AAC Holdings, Inc. (AAC) at 9.17 (1.58; 20.82 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Essendant Inc. (ESND) at 15.93 (-6.16;-27.89 %)
- Atlantic Alliance Partnership Corp. (AAPC) at 14.2 (-4.76;-25.11 %)
- Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc. (FRGI) at 19.85 (-6.10;-23.51 %)
- INC Research Holdings, Inc. (INCR) at 43.65 (-12.90;-22.81 %)
- Ophthotech Corporation (OPHT) at 3.58 (-0.99;-21.66 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue Feb 28 15:00:01 MST 2017)
- Amazon Web Services back up after earlier issues
- Here’s what is on the agenda at Apple’s shareholder meeting on
- Apple CEO Tim Cook predicts tons of revenue from ‘future stuff I
- Taxing imports at the border could bring America billions ‘ in
- Cashin says the odds are against a positive market reaction to
- Democrats use invited guests to protest Trump policies
- Foreign brands dominate Consumer Reports top autos list
- GM CEO ‘exploring opportunities’ for Opel with Peugeot
- ‘I just want the president to stop lying,’ congressman says ahead
- How this Kenyan start-up is reinventing the family farm
- Why mutual funds could be on their way to another lousy year
- OPEC compliance with oil curbs rises to 94 percent in February,
- Top GOP senator: It will be ‘difficult’ to pass key House tax
- Shares of Workday dip on disappointing outlook
- Small-business owners are full of questions and regrets about the
- Snap looking to price IPO above range: Sources
- Media companies are starting to cash in on Snapchat
- Target’s $7 billion spending roadmap won’t solve all its problems
- 25 promising start-up ideas the world may soon view as essential
- Trump may call for immigration bill in speech to Congress, NBC
- Markets are cranky, and they want Trump to deliver hard facts
- President Trump’s fiscal 2018 defense budget request could ‘add to
- To truly understand Trump, this book is a must read
- You: Tube announces cable-free TV subscription service