Dow declines 19.04 points ( -0.09 %) to settle at 20,052.42.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 4.86 points ( -0.21 %) and is now at 2,292.56.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 3.22 points ( -0.06 %) closing at 5,663.55.
Oil settles at $53.10 ( +0.17 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,237.20 ( +0.41 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.41%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.08 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 30.39 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 62.85 %. Volume is -08.83 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 52.46 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 64.77 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 01.54 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.35 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 21.32 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.63, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.77 % and average yield is 01.58 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.46. The PEGY Ratio of 2.46 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.56 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 130.29 (1.21; 00.94 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 807.64 (-2.56;-00.32 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 132.06 (1.08; 00.82 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 23.12 (-0.17;-00.73 %)
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) at 13.63 (1.39; 11.36 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- PharmAthene, Inc. (PIP) at 1.01 (0.62; 158.97 %)
- DryShips Inc. (DRYS) at 5.61 (1.43; 34.21 %)
- Power Solutions International, Inc. (PSIX) at 3.7 (0.90; 32.14 %)
- Pulmatrix, Inc. (PULM) at 4.98 (1.12; 29.02 %)
- Galena Biopharma, Inc. (GALE) at 1.41 (0.21; 17.50 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- comScore, Inc. (SCOR) at 23.22 (-9.22;-28.42 %)
- Aratana Therapeutics, Inc. (PETX) at 6.59 (-1.44;-17.93 %)
- Atwood Oceanics, Inc. (ATW) at 10.91 (-1.74;-13.75 %)
- ZAIS Group Holdings, Inc. (ZAIS) at 2.16 (-0.32;-12.90 %)
- Central Federal Corporation (CFBK) at 2.72 (-0.38;-12.26 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Mon Feb 6 15:00:02 MST 2017)
- Blackstone takes its single-family rental bet public as sector
- US travelers and airlines flock to Havana in growing numbers
- January solid for jobs but unemployment rate higher
- US crude settles at $53.01, down 1.5%, as dollar strength counters
- Silicon Valley takeover at major startup follows weeks of internal
- Why Silicon Valley’s top start-up factory just added the ACLU to
- Bill Gross rips Central banks’ ‘financial methadone’
- Breakingviews: Disney boss risks overstaying his welcome
- Cabot Oil & Gas shares jump after upgrades
- Donald Trump is alienating Mexico ‘ and the big winner could be
- Donald Trump has gold moving higher ‘ and it’s probably not done
- This is how much Lady Gaga made from her Super Bowl LI performance
- Goldman warns of market disruption if Trump keeps pushing
- How former Goldman President Gary Cohn may emerge versus the White
- Jamie Dimon’s holdings have surged by $229 million since his 2016
- New Obamacare support ad challenges Trump to ‘act like’ a
- No, the news media can’t break up with Kellyanne Conway
- Why Richard Branson cried when he sold Virgin Records for a
- Top Wall Street strategist says to buy, not sell, if the market
- Trump fear shouldn’t spook investors, market experts say
- Tech companies to Trump: Travel ban unconstitutional and inflicts
- Trump aims to reassure allies about US support, but asks them to
- Uber sues Seattle over law that lets drivers unionize
- US pension funds are slashing their forecasts…and some don’t
- Viacom CEO to present turnaround strategy on Thursday
- What Trump’s deregulation agenda misses
- What’s next for the investor protection rule