Dow appreciates 92.25 points ( +0.45 %) to settle at 20,504.41.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 9.33 points ( +0.40 %) and is now at 2,337.58.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 18.61 points ( +0.32 %) close at 5,782.57.
Oil settles at $52.96 ( -0.45 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,229.60 ( +0.34 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.47%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.04 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 50.87 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 40.99 %. Volume is 06.39 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 62.86 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 68.44 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 03.39 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.35 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 22.18 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.59, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.85 % and average yield is 01.53 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.52. The PEGY Ratio of 2.52 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.63 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 135.02 (1.73; 01.30 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 24.06 (0.66; 02.82 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 836.39 (-0.14;-00.02 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 108.78 (0.40; 00.37 %)
- Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) at 280.98 (0.38; 00.14 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- ZAIS Group Holdings, Inc. (ZAIS) at 4.32 (2.27; 110.73 %)
- Vestin Realty Mortgage I, Inc (VRTA) at 4 (1.75; 77.78 %)
- Galectin Therapeutics, Inc. (GALT) at 1.8 (0.52; 40.62 %)
- Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. (BASI) at 1.27 (0.36; 39.56 %)
- Bellerophon Therapeutics, Inc. (BLPH) at 1.02 (0.28; 37.84 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Gevo, Inc. (GEVO) at 1.59 (-0.74;-31.76 %)
- Uni-Pixel, Inc. (UNXL) at 1.03 (-0.45;-30.41 %)
- Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (NAK) at 2.5 (-0.68;-21.38 %)
- Ohr Pharmaceutical, Inc. (OHRP) at 1.1 (-0.25;-18.52 %)
- KBS Fashion Group Limited (KBSF) at 8.08 (-1.72;-17.55 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue Feb 14 15:00:01 MST 2017)
- Twitter shares crater after ugly revenue miss, shockingly weak
- Here’s what the super rich are buying this Valentine’s Day
- Yellen is facing a whole new world starting Tuesday
- Oil prices pare gains as US supply concerns overshadow OPEC cuts
- Bonds are getting bashed by a hawkish Janet Yellen
- Cigna sues Anthem to end merger deal, seeks $1.85 billion break-up
- Ethics office urges White House to consider punishing Conway
- Facebook is making its biggest push yet to grab ad dollars from TV
- Yellen: ‘Unwise’ to wait too long to hike rates
- Fixing America’s crumbling bridges and roadways requires a ‘czar,’
- ‘Made in the USA’ may be just a pipe dream for luxury brands
- For smart money tips, don’t ask a millennial
- Nelson Peltz’s Trian Fund takes $3.5 billion stake in Procter &
- Nokia plans homage to iconic ‘indestructible’ 3310 as part of
- No tax reform without border adjustment tax, Rep. Nunes says
- Red alert: North Korea one step closer to the missile test that
- North Korean leader’s half brother was killed by women wielding
- Read this now: North Korea pleads defense’Sights set on
- Russia has secretly deployed a cruise missile that US says
- Secret Service Chief Joseph Clancy says he’s retiring
- Rate of uninsured Americans hits a record low
- Travel ban leaves some foreigners worried about their $500K US
- White House: Trump asked Flynn to resign but doesn’t think he
- White House tumult threatens to derail Trump’s broad agenda