Dow appreciates 7.91 points ( +0.04 %) to settle at 20,619.77.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 2.03 points ( -0.09 %) and is now at 2,347.22.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 4.54 points ( -0.08 %) closing at 5,814.90.
Oil settles at $53.44 ( +0.15 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,240.30 ( -0.10 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.45%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.05 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 38.59 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 53.86 %. Volume is 06.07 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 62.59 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 68.79 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 03.48 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.26 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 21.32 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.68, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.92 % and average yield is 01.53 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.61. The PEGY Ratio of 2.61 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.79 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 135.34 (-0.17;-00.13 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 24.58 (0.00; 00.00 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 844.14 (1.44; 00.17 %)
- Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) at 268.95 (-10.81;-03.86 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 107.25 (-1.75;-01.61 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Power Solutions International, Inc. (PSIX) at 6.24 (2.44; 64.21 %)
- Atlantic Alliance Partnership Corp. (AAPC) at 18 (5.51; 44.12 %)
- Top Ships Inc. (TOPS) at 3 (0.81; 36.99 %)
- Superconductor Technologies Inc. (SCON) at 1.55 (0.40; 34.78 %)
- Castlight Health, Inc. (CSLT) at 3.85 (0.70; 22.22 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- ConforMIS, Inc. (CFMS) at 5.93 (-2.62;-30.64 %)
- Hornbeck Offshore Services, Inc. (HOS) at 4.75 (-1.70;-26.36 %)
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS) at 22.73 (-8.06;-26.18 %)
- Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. (BBW) at 9.35 (-2.55;-21.43 %)
- KBS Fashion Group Limited (KBSF) at 6.6 (-1.58;-19.32 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Feb 16 15:00:02 MST 2017)
- Facebook is making its biggest push yet to grab ad dollars from TV
- Travel ban leaves some foreigners worried about their $500K US
- Oil rebounds in choppy trade; OPEC signals possible output deal
- 12 places where a wedding costs more than a year of college
- Avis Budget shares drop after earnings miss
- Big banks to push for easing of money laundering rules
- Rahm Emanuel: The tax code will be easier for Trump to reform than
- Read the full transcript of Trump’s first solo press conference
- Courts just threw a lifeline to the Consumer Financial Protection
- Trump: I am the least anti-Semitic person that ‘you’ve ever seen
- Donald Trump complains the media ignores bull market despite
- Greenspan: ‘Cry of pain’ around the world led to Trump and Brexit
- Here’s what you need to know about Trump’s pick for Labor
- Op-Ed: ‘I inherited a mess!’: Five of the best quotes from Trump’s
- Kara Swisher: I talked to Mark Zuckerberg about his world-saving
- Investors bet against Kate Spade as deal chatter intensifies
- Korean court orders arrest of Samsung chief for alleged corruption
- Mexico to the rescue of U.S. gas frackers as warm weather clobbers
- NY Fed: US household debt at highest level since 2008
- Obamacare plans coming soon GOP vows as Dems grill Trump’s health
- Possible Trump science advisor says global warming is a
- Late Snap investors will need the IPO to pop for them to make
- Here’s what Snap will tell investors ahead of setting its IPO
- Snap sets valuation well below $25 billion
- The hottest Trump trade of them all just set a new record
- Theranos had ‘no material revenue’ over the past two years, report
- These states have the most millionaires per capita
- Donald Trump claims ‘ falsely ‘ that Hillary Clinton gave Russia
- Trump: I fired Flynn because of what he told Pence
- Trump’s inherited ‘mess’ hard to find in economic data
- Op-Ed: Here’s why Trump’s pick of Acosta for Labor secretary is a
- Trump’s success list: Here’s what the president says the White
- Trump boasts about accomplishments and berates media in first solo