Dow appreciates 37.87 points ( +0.19 %) to settle at 20,090.29.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 0.52 points ( +0.02 %) and is now at 2,293.08.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 10.67 points ( +0.19 %) close at 5,674.22.
Oil settles at $51.77 ( -0.77 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,235.00 ( -0.09 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.39%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.02 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 36.23 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 55.69 %. Volume is 00.70 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 50.03 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 64.00 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 01.60 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.72 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 23.95 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.53, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.82 % and average yield is 01.53 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.45. The PEGY Ratio of 2.45 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.62 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 131.53 (1.24; 00.95 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 812.5 (4.86; 00.60 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 119.13 (1.82; 01.55 %)
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) at 13.29 (-0.34;-02.49 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.9 (-0.22;-00.95 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ACUR) at 1.3 (0.80; 160.00 %)
- Second Sight Medical Products, Inc. (EYES) at 2.76 (1.21; 78.06 %)
- PharmAthene, Inc. (PIP) at 1.37 (0.36; 35.64 %)
- MYOS RENS Technology Inc. (MYOS) at 4.72 (1.11; 30.75 %)
- Signal Genetics, Inc. (SGNL) at 13.3 (2.75; 26.07 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- FXCM Inc. (FXCM) at 3.45 (-3.40;-49.64 %)
- USA Truck, Inc. (USAK) at 6.95 (-1.40;-16.77 %)
- Ocean Rig UDW LLC (ORIG) at 1.05 (-0.19;-15.32 %)
- DryShips Inc. (DRYS) at 4.83 (-0.78;-13.90 %)
- California Resources Corporation (CRC) at 18.35 (-2.80;-13.24 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue Feb 7 15:00:01 MST 2017)
- Oil prices slide after API reports 14.2 million barrel US crude
- Reform goal: Show that bankers aren’t the bad guys
- Viacom CEO to present turnaround strategy on Thursday
- Short-seller Andrew Left: Motorola Solutions ‘egregiously ripping
- Bitcoin surges on report indicating more and more people are using
- This is why the bond market is so darn cranky and it could get
- US companies looking ready to spend, spend, spend ‘ and hire
- Damage, injuries reported as tornadoes hit Louisiana
- Disney shares drop 1% as revenue falls short
- Dr. Dre is actually a huge force at Apple ‘ he talks with Jimmy
- Fed’s Kashkari just told everybody on a blog that he’s in no hurry
- Four stocks are responsible for almost all the Dow’s gains in 2017
- GM’s financial results were solid and don’t justify a 5% sell-off
- Icahn to sell closed Trump Taj Mahal casino in Atlantic City
- Iran’s top leader thanks ‘newcomer’ Trump for showing the ‘real
- Many Americans don’t know Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act
- Monthly jobs openings ‘ watched by Yellen ‘ were little changed in
- Tech stocks are the big reason the Nasdaq hit an all-time high ‘
- Start-up investing legend Dick Kramlich jumps back into the
- Read this now: Vaccines | Joe Biden | Obama and Branson
- A technology backed by Bill Gates may revolutionize diagnostics
- Teva shares plummet amid CEO departure and bribery reports
- The US stock market is ‘fragile’ right now, expert says
- De: Vos confirmed as Education secretary as Pence casts historic
- Two Republican senators propose bill to slash legal immigration
- Under Armour CEO to Wall Street critics: ‘They bet against Tom
- VW launches US electricvehicle infrastructure unit