Dow appreciates 34.72 points ( +0.17 %) to settle at 20,810.32.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 0.99 points ( +0.04 %) and is now at 2,363.81.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 25.12 points ( -0.43 %) closing at 5,835.51.
Oil settles at $54.38 ( -0.13 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,250.10 ( -0.10 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.39%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.03 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 37.03 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 55.33 %. Volume is 13.89 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 58.60 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 67.29 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 03.60 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.79 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 22.57 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.81, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.89 % and average yield is 01.51 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.51. The PEGY Ratio of 2.51 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.78 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 100.49 (-10.27;-09.27 %)
- Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) at 255.99 (-17.52;-06.41 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 852.19 (-3.42;-00.40 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 136.53 (-0.58;-00.42 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 135.36 (-0.76;-00.56 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Nova Lifestyle, Inc. (NVFY) at 2.51 (0.70; 38.67 %)
- KEMET Corporation (KEM) at 10.4 (1.94; 22.93 %)
- Pernix Therapeutics Holdings, Inc. (PTX) at 3.28 (0.54; 19.71 %)
- Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (NAK) at 1.65 (0.26; 18.71 %)
- Cemtrex, Inc. (CETX) at 4.02 (0.62; 18.24 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Ocwen Financial Corporation (OCN) at 4.42 (-0.98;-18.15 %)
- Fenix Parts, Inc. (FENX) at 1.86 (-0.39;-17.33 %)
- Weibo Corporation (WB) at 48.89 (-9.32;-16.01 %)
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT) at 24.55 (-4.65;-15.92 %)
- L Brands, Inc. (LB) at 48.94 (-9.19;-15.81 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Feb 23 15:00:01 MST 2017)
- An overwhelming number of retailers are losing money chasing
- Obamacare’s popularity is growing in first month of Donald Trump’s
- Why Snap’s unusual headquarters could make the stock risky for
- Oil settles at $54.45 after smaller-than-expected rise in US crude
- Valmont shares soar after earnings beat
- A border tax will hurt some retailers more than others, experts
- Bitcoin is surging ‘ but that might not mean what you think
- Construction stocks slide amid report that US infrastructure
- Dow Chemical CEO on Trump: This is the most pro-business
- How to watch the Oscar Best Picture nominees online before Sunday
- How Richard Branson, Warren Buffett, Elon Musk and other leaders
- Iraqi forces storm Mosul airport, military base
- Kohl’s plans to trim its square footage, but not how you might
- Oil stocks are lagging, but analysts see a path to growth for some
- One way for investors to play the end of the ‘buyback blackout’
- Read this now: Former Olympic gymnastics doctor
- Read this now: US-Mexico meeting | DeVos speaks’Winning powerball
- Tillerson pledges ‘no mass deportations’ in talks with Mexico’s
- Steve Mnuchin is learning what it’s like to be Janet Yellen
- Stocks and bonds are at war over how much growth is coming under
- Trump says Republican border tax could boost U.S. jobs: Reuters
- Trump tells Reuters he wants to expand nuclear arsenal, make US
- Trump’s ‘phenomenal’ tax plan may have a hard time paying for
- Two angel investors in Uber say efforts to change company culture
- US Steel CEO says it is ‘totally realistic’ to bring manufacturing
- US jobless claims up, four-week average lowest since 1973
- What Nintendo’s new Switch console could mean for the electronics