Dow appreciates 32.6 points ( +0.16 %) to settle at 20,775.60.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 2.56 points ( -0.11 %) and is now at 2,362.82.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 5.32 points ( -0.09 %) closing at 5,860.63.
Oil settles at $53.83 ( +0.45 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,238.80 ( -0.02 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.42%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.01 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 34.62 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 57.67 %. Volume is 1705.54 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 61.64 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 68.52 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 02.88 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.39 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 20.85 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.81, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.88 % and average yield is 01.51 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.55. The PEGY Ratio of 2.55 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.78 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- The Priceline Group Inc. (PCLN) at 1651.74 (4.74; 00.29 %)
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) at 851.36 (2.09; 00.25 %)
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) at 830.76 (-0.90;-00.11 %)
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (ISRG) at 732.08 (-0.09;-00.01 %)
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (REGN) at 370.22 (-1.39;-00.37 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. (BASI) at 1.33 (0.32; 31.68 %)
- Ever-Glory International Group, Inc. (EVK) at 2.61 (0.60; 29.85 %)
- Internap Corporation (INAP) at 2.31 (0.50; 27.62 %)
- American Electric Technologies, Inc (AETI) at 2.4 (0.45; 23.08 %)
- KBS Fashion Group Limited (KBSF) at 6.9 (1.29; 22.99 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Cemtrex, Inc. (CETX) at 3.4 (-1.72;-33.59 %)
- Eyegate Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (EYEG) at 2.53 (-1.17;-31.62 %)
- ServiceSource International, Inc. (SREV) at 4.18 (-1.87;-30.91 %)
- HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc. (HTGM) at 1.3 (-0.49;-27.37 %)
- Entellus Medical, Inc. (ENTL) at 12.5 (-4.58;-26.81 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Wed Feb 22 15:00:02 MST 2017)
- Mexico announces forex hedge program, peso jumps 2%
- Snap’s IPO is based on the idea that teens don’t watch TV ‘ but
- The Fed and the market aren’t on the same page
- US crude settles at $53.59, down 1.4%, on worries of swelling US
- Amazon is offering a thank you discount of $8.62 on orders over
- Op-Ed: Donald Trump is dangerous when he’s losing
- Eli Lilly CEO supports Trump’s ‘blueprint’ for growth
- Facebook to suggest purchases in Facebook Messenger, report says
- House hunting? Here’s where you’ll find what you want, and where
- If Fed wants 3 rate hikes this year, it needs to move in March:
- Shares of Victoria’s Secret parent company L Brands tumble 11
- Why Lionel Richie and other famous investors are betting on this
- Obamacare’s popularity is growing in first month of Donald Trump’s
- Read this now: Mexican ambassador speaks out | Pope Francis seeks
- Sell TripAdvisor on increasing competition, earnings risk
- Why Snap’s unusual headquarters could make the stock risky for
- Spicer still insists Trump has been clear ‘from the beginning’
- Square soars 5% after reporting revenue beat
- Tesla posts wider-than-expected loss of 69 cents a share
- Tesla expects to volume production of Model 3 by September
- Trump’s tax plan is coming, but what to expect is an open question
- NASA: Seven Earth-sized planets that could host water and life
- Winning that $403 million Powerball jackpot is worth more in some