Dow appreciates 26.85 points ( +0.14 %) to settle at 19,890.94.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 0.68 points ( +0.03 %) and is now at 2,279.55.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 27.86 points ( +0.50 %) close at 5,642.65.
Oil settles at $53.50 ( -0.71 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,210.90 ( +0.22 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.47%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.02 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 43.30 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 49.72 %. Volume is 17.18 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 49.28 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 62.97 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 01.90 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.25 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 19.86 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.66, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.81 % and average yield is 01.51 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.52. The PEGY Ratio of 2.52 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.58 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 128.75 (7.40; 06.10 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 133.23 (2.91; 02.23 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 832.35 (8.87; 01.08 %)
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) at 63.58 (-1.07;-01.66 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.89 (0.25; 01.10 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Pulmatrix, Inc. (PULM) at 3.73 (1.58; 73.49 %)
- Pacific Coast Oil Trust (ROYT) at 1.5 (0.31; 26.05 %)
- xG Technology, Inc. (XGTI) at 2.11 (0.40; 23.39 %)
- Mesabi Trust (MSB) at 16.8 (3.10; 22.63 %)
- Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (INFI) at 2.51 (0.44; 21.26 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (CATB) at 1.18 (-2.86;-70.79 %)
- Galena Biopharma, Inc. (GALE) at 1.28 (-0.37;-22.42 %)
- Bovie Medical Corporation (BVX) at 2.98 (-0.80;-21.16 %)
- Pitney Bowes Inc. (PBI) at 13.14 (-2.78;-17.46 %)
- The Bancorp, Inc. (TBBK) at 5 (-0.99;-16.53 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Wed Feb 1 15:00:01 MST 2017)
- Kinds of tech investments that could flourish under Trump
- The next recession now appears further away, thanks to Trump,
- Wall Street reassures employees, without wholly rejecting travel
- US crude settles at $53.88, rising 2% on signs Russia and OPEC are
- 10 ‘good luck’ foods that could help your team win the Super Bowl
- American steel companies ‘fully prepared’ to supply pipelines, US
- Amgen upgraded by Bank of America a day after CEO meets Trump
- Blackstone takes its single-family rental bet public as sector
- This is the email Uber is sending to people who cancel their
- The Fed just can’t seem to shed its dovish tone
- Facebook ad revenue shoots up 53%, sending shares climbing
- Here’s what changed in the new Fed statement
- Fed sees ‘improved’ sentiment, but no hike for interest rates
- ‘Breaking Bad’: IRS attorney busted on methamphetamine
- Jamie Dimon, other CEOs to meet with Trump on Friday
- Op-Ed: The Fed may have just hinted that it doubts Trump’s
- Nobody gets out of DC’s new partisan war without casualties
- BOOM! 2017 job growth starts with a bang
- Senate confirms former Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson as Trump’s
- The Federal Reserve has squandered an opportunity, former Dallas
- Fed’s importance to US fiscal policy is shrinking, Bill Gross says
- Trump: I will tell McConnell to ‘go nuclear’ if Democrats hold up
- Two Republicans won’t vote for Trump education pick DeVos,
- US has too much gasoline and that could mean lower oil prices