Dow appreciates 15.68 points ( +0.08 %) to settle at 20,837.44.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 2.41 points ( +0.10 %) and is now at 2,369.75.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 16.59 points ( +0.28 %) close at 5,861.90.
Oil settles at $54.07 ( +0.04 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,253.30 ( -0.44 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.37%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.05 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 60.62 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 32.51 %. Volume is 05.42 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 59.93 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 68.56 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 03.30 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.28 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 21.34 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.45, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.93 % and average yield is 01.51 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.48. The PEGY Ratio of 2.48 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.78 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Enbridge Inc. (ENB) at 41.59 (0.25; 00.60 %)
- Incyte Corporation (INCY) at 134.02 (2.81; 02.14 %)
- Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) at 246.23 (-10.77;-04.19 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 136.93 (0.27; 00.20 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 848.64 (3.40; 00.40 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc. (HTGM) at 3.18 (1.95; 158.54 %)
- La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company (LJPC) at 35.12 (15.25; 76.75 %)
- Atlantic Alliance Partnership Corp. (AAPC) at 18.96 (5.95; 45.73 %)
- Intelsat S.A. (I) at 5.87 (1.18; 25.16 %)
- ImmunoGen, Inc. (IMGN) at 3.28 (0.57; 21.03 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Graña y Montero S.A.A. (GRAM) at 2.44 (-0.88;-26.51 %)
- ITUS Corporation (ITUS) at 3.8 (-1.00;-20.83 %)
- AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. (AFSI) at 22.34 (-5.32;-19.23 %)
- Nova Lifestyle, Inc. (NVFY) at 1.83 (-0.43;-19.03 %)
- Shutterstock, Inc. (SSTK) at 43.02 (-8.61;-16.68 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Mon Feb 27 15:00:01 MST 2017)
- US jobless claims up, four-week average lowest since 1973
- Warren Buffett sees ‘substantial’ investment gains, knocks fund
- Oil prices edge up as bullish bets on rising prices hit record
- A tweet may be to blame for the biggest Oscar goof up in history
- Report: Only 5 percent of stock-picking fund managers beat the S&P
- Alibaba blames Chinese authorities for lack of action on
- Berkshire shareholder: I don’t know why the company bought more
- Breakingviews: Buffett’s $1 trillion target for Apple is in sight
- China’s top diplomat holds talks at White House, meets Trump
- CNN president slams Congress’ response to Trump’s media attacks as
- Defense stocks stage rally as Trump discusses defense spending
- George W. Bush discusses Trump’s war with the media, Russia and
- Governors fear they’ll get stuck with bigger health care bill
- Markets are beginning to brace for a March Fed rate hike
- Billionaire David Tepper says he’s ‘still long stocks’ and ‘still
- Johnson & Johnson lifts lid on drug pricing data, shows 3.5% net
- Key US lawmaker calls Trump defense budget request low
- Carriers may soon offer unlimited video on your phone, said
- Pentagon delivers draft plan to defeat Islamic State to White
- Peter Thiel’s tech book became a ‘bible’ on Trump campaign, report
- Priceline gains after solid earnings beat, bookings growth
- Read this now: Colorado crash | Cosby case | Cherry blossom season
- Republicans will fail in Obamacare repeal bid: Top Senate Democrat
- The Fed will lead the market, not follow, if this one key point
- Time to fade this ‘Trump trade that never really was,’ technician
- Uber’s SVP is out after he did not disclose sexual harassment
- Wall Street will be looking for one thing from Trump’s ‘must-see’
- Warren Buffett says global warming is not impacting the way
- Warren Buffett names the only 2 newspapers he thinks have an
- Warren Buffett on the one stock that he ‘missed big time’
- Op-Ed: Will Trump’s war on the media actually work? Here’s what
- Google: YouTube is 10x more popular than Netflix or Facebook