Dow appreciates 142.79 points ( +0.70 %) to settle at 20,412.16.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 12.15 points ( +0.52 %) and is now at 2,328.25.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 29.83 points ( +0.52 %) close at 5,763.96.
Oil settles at $52.91 ( -0.04 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,226.40 ( +0.05 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.43%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.02 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 53.69 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 38.90 %. Volume is -00.40 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 61.71 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 68.31 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 04.61 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.28 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 23.76 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.55, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.85 % and average yield is 01.55 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.53. The PEGY Ratio of 2.53 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.63 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 836.53 (9.07; 01.10 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 108.38 (-5.24;-04.61 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 133.29 (1.17; 00.89 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 23.4 (0.32; 01.39 %)
- Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) at 280.6 (11.37; 04.22 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Sino-Global Shipping America, Ltd. (SINO) at 4.7 (1.98; 72.79 %)
- Zosano Pharma Corporation (ZSAN) at 1.7 (0.50; 41.67 %)
- Reliv’ International, Inc. (RELV) at 5.8 (1.38; 31.22 %)
- Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. (PLX) at 1.31 (0.30; 29.70 %)
- Electromed, Inc. (ELMD) at 4.95 (0.89; 21.92 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Signal Genetics, Inc. (SGNL) at 12.3 (-2.20;-15.17 %)
- Knoll, Inc. (KNL) at 23.23 (-3.83;-14.15 %)
- Gevo, Inc. (GEVO) at 2.33 (-0.31;-11.74 %)
- Dipexium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (DPRX) at 1.2 (-0.15;-11.11 %)
- Marathon Patent Group, Inc. (MARA) at 1.42 (-0.16;-10.13 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Mon Feb 13 15:00:01 MST 2017)
- How much strategists expect stocks to rise in 2017
- 10 hottest rental markets to make investors’ landlord dreams come
- Twitter shares crater after ugly revenue miss, shockingly weak
- Neurala: Making toys and drones more intelligent and autonomous
- US crude settles at $52.93, down 1.7% on concerns about rise in US
- Apple shares close at all-time high
- Apple is seeing a Trump bump as stock pushes all-time highs
- California official denies Oroville Dam was problem waiting to
- Op-Ed: California’s Oroville Dam disaster is a wake-up call for
- California’s troubled Oroville Dam wasn’t on Gov. Brown’s
- Hain Celestial shares fall after it discloses SEC investigation
- How Mnuchin’s Treasury Department could help soothe Trump’s chaos
- Janet Yellen is facing a whole new world, and it starts Tuesday
- Justice Department asks Seattle judge to defer action on Trump
- Sanders and Cummings blast Marathon over ‘outrageous’ pricing of
- Playboy to bring back nude pictorials
- Read this now: US condemns North Korea | Storm slams Maine |
- Billionaire Richard Branson’s best advice to future generations is
- Senators question whether Trump’s use of personal phone may be a
- Popeyes shares spike 14% on rumored acquisition by Burger King
- Shares of this self-driving tech company surge on news of VW
- Some money managers are flashing caution in a bull market
- S&P 500 to rally 8% as an improving economy takes over from the
- The invention of the toilet was ‘much more important than
- Trump handled a national security situation at his Florida club ‘
- Trump rebukes Mexico again after meeting with Canada’s Trudeau
- US judge rejects tribes’ latest effort to stop Dakota Access
- US shale oil production to jump by 80,000 barrels a day in March,
- US Weekly responds to Sean Spicer insult with solid investment
- Verizon move to unlimited data comes from a ‘point of weakness’ –
- Yellen must walk a fine line as GOP Congress prepares to grill her