Dow appreciates 118.06 points ( +0.59 %) to settle at 20,172.40.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 13.2 points ( +0.58 %) and is now at 2,307.87.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 32.73 points ( +0.58 %) close at 5,715.18.
Oil settles at $53.09 ( +0.17 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,232.30 ( -0.36 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.40%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.04 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 68.51 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 24.88 %. Volume is 05.32 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 55.44 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 66.22 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 02.92 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.21 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 23.83 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.42, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.86 % and average yield is 01.52 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.46. The PEGY Ratio of 2.46 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.63 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 132.42 (0.95; 00.72 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 23.12 (0.45; 01.99 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 134.14 (-0.06;-00.04 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 116.38 (-2.23;-01.88 %)
- Microchip Technology Incorporated (MCHP) at 70.93 (-2.87;-03.89 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Jaguar Animal Health, Inc. (JAGX) at 1.03 (0.35; 51.47 %)
- Aqua Metals, Inc. (AQMS) at 16.16 (4.75; 41.63 %)
- Sky Solar Holdings, Ltd. (SKYS) at 2.53 (0.74; 41.34 %)
- KBS Fashion Group Limited (KBSF) at 3.81 (0.91; 31.38 %)
- Biocept, Inc. (BIOC) at 2.19 (0.50; 29.59 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Coeur Mining, Inc. (CDE) at 9.39 (-2.63;-21.88 %)
- Vista Outdoor Inc. (VSTO) at 20.95 (-4.79;-18.61 %)
- Innovative Solutions and Support, Inc. (ISSC) at 3.08 (-0.66;-17.65 %)
- The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation (DNB) at 101.88 (-20.59;-16.81 %)
- Tremor Video, Inc. (TRMR) at 2.1 (-0.33;-13.58 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Feb 9 15:00:02 MST 2017)
- Icahn to sell closed Trump Taj Mahal casino in Atlantic City
- 10 hottest rental markets to make investors’ landlord dreams come
- US crude settles up 1.3% as drop in gasoline stockpiles signals
- Why Trump is not rolling back Dodd-Frank yet
- BCBG kicks off Fashion Week amid talk of store closures,
- The idea of a border-adjusted tax just ran into trouble in the
- Cowen downgrades Twitter after revenue miss, advises clients to
- Daniel Yergin expects US oil drillers to raise output by more than
- Memo from a key congressman outlines plan to gut Dodd-Frank bank
- Ex-Continental CEO says it’s time to privatize air traffic control
- Here are 25 stocks that will benefit most from Trump cutting taxes
- House hunting this spring? Beware of these ‘mismatched’ markets
- How one trader made $250,000 on oil in just 24 hours
- Martin Shkreli asks federal judge for permission to speak at
- Another Under Armour-sponsored star takes issue with Kevin Plank’s
- News Corp. says more than 50% of WSJ subscribers are now digital
- Does this sound familiar? Peer lenders are packaging loans and
- Peloton hires former Barnes & Noble CEO to take home-cycling
- Snap’s cloud bill this year will be higher than its total revenue
- Construction resumes on Dakota pipeline despite tribe’s challenge
- Three Fed rate hikes reasonable for 2017, Evans says
- Trump aide Conway says to ‘go buy’ Ivanka Trump’s products,
- As Trump hustles to nail down a tax overhaul, he faces the biggest
- Trump promises a major tax announcement in a few weeks
- Twitter shares crater after ugly revenue miss, shockingly weak
- US jobless claims drop to near 43-year low
- Yelp plummets 8% as guidance falls short