Dow appreciates 11.44 points ( +0.05 %) to settle at 20,821.76.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 3.53 points ( +0.15 %) and is now at 2,367.34.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 9.8 points ( +0.17 %) close at 5,845.31.
Oil settles at $54.02 ( +0.06 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,258.00 ( +1.53 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.32%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.07 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 43.08 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 49.07 %. Volume is 03.89 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 56.85 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 66.95 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 02.30 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.65 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 21.06 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.55, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.96 % and average yield is 01.51 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.45. The PEGY Ratio of 2.45 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.78 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE) at 40.68 (-0.32;-00.78 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 845.24 (-6.95;-00.82 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 136.66 (0.13; 00.10 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 101.46 (0.97; 00.97 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 24.23 (-0.35;-01.42 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Cempra, Inc. (CEMP) at 4.05 (0.90; 28.57 %)
- RH (RH) at 31.34 (6.15; 24.41 %)
- Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. (AAOI) at 45.98 (8.51; 22.71 %)
- Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. (BBW) at 10.1 (1.80; 21.69 %)
- Universal Display Corporation (OLED) at 81 (13.55; 20.09 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Nordic American Offshore Ltd. (NAO) at 1.25 (-0.80;-39.02 %)
- Graña y Montero S.A.A. (GRAM) at 3.32 (-1.77;-34.77 %)
- American Realty Investors, Inc. (ARL) at 7.23 (-1.42;-16.42 %)
- Hi-Crush Partners LP (HCLP) at 17.35 (-3.20;-15.57 %)
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT) at 21.3 (-3.25;-13.24 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Fri Feb 24 15:00:01 MST 2017)
- Why Snap’s unusual headquarters could make the stock risky for
- I tried a $5,000 hamburger, and it was absolutely worth it
- Oil ends the week 1.1% higher as OPEC cuts offset rising US supply
- US jobless claims up, four-week average lowest since 1973
- Warren Buffett follows only one rule of investing, and violates it
- Op-Ed: Bannon’s ‘state-smashing’ change is real’and dangerous
- Mobileye dips nearly 2% as Citron Research says it’s shorting the
- Department stores finally admit they’ve gotten too big
- Here’s how mass deportation would hit your state’s economy
- Latest shuffle in Beijing puts more economic power into hands of
- Market rotation doesn’t mean ‘impending doom’ for economy,
- Millennial money myths: Cashless is coming, just not so fast
- Read this now: Pence’s weekend meeting | NRA exec speaks |
- The border tax is a major retail wild card, analyst says
- Trump signs another executive order in push to slash regulations
- Trump’s deportation plan could cost taxpayers half a trillion
- It would be ‘dangerous to change’ Uber’s culture at this point,
- Uber on Alphabet lawsuit: ‘A baseless attempt to slow down a
- Wall Street in for reality check from Trump, Washington in the
- White House bars selected outlets from press gaggle
- Here’s who not to follow if you want to make money