Dow declines 31.85 points ( -0.16 %) to settle at 19,855.53.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 0 points (0.00%) and is now at 2,268.90.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 20 points ( +0.36 %) close at 5,551.82.
Oil settles at $50.76 ( -0.12 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,188.10 ( +0.22 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.38%. The interest rate of the yield has increased (+0.00%), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 60.77 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 32.45 %. Volume is 03.74 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 61.30 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 65.82 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 01.57 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.25 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 18.37 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.1, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 13.07 % and average yield is 01.54 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.56. The PEGY Ratio of 2.56 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.53 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- The Williams Companies, Inc. (WMB) at 28.5 (-3.43;-10.74 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 119.11 (0.12; 00.10 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 106.47 (-0.81;-00.76 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.94 (0.39; 01.73 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 124.35 (-0.55;-00.44 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Signal Genetics, Inc. (SGNL) at 17.48 (12.69; 264.93 %)
- ImmunoCellular Therapeutics, Ltd. (IMUC) at 4.2 (2.02; 92.66 %)
- Biocept, Inc. (BIOC) at 1.81 (0.79; 77.45 %)
- GenVec, Inc. (GNVC) at 8.79 (3.82; 76.86 %)
- Neuralstem, Inc. (CUR) at 6.06 (2.25; 59.06 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Egalet Corporation (EGLT) at 6.52 (-1.86;-22.20 %)
- NanoString Technologies, Inc. (NSTG) at 17.99 (-5.00;-21.75 %)
- Siebert Financial Corp. (SIEB) at 3.13 (-0.60;-16.09 %)
- VOXX International Corporation (VOXX) at 4.5 (-0.80;-15.09 %)
- Kona Grill, Inc. (KONA) at 10 (-1.75;-14.89 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue Jan 10 15:00:01 MST 2017)
- The ‘Nightmare before Christmas’ has claimed another retailer
- Top 10 jobs that pay over $100,000
- What the bond market is saying about Donald Trump
- US crude falls below $51 as dollar recovers, OPEC cut doubts weigh
- 5 ways Chipotle plans to win back your business
- All but one bank requested to raise discount rate in December: Fed
- How Obamacare repeal could affect your retirement
- More evidence that Apple’s next iPhone might be made (mostly) of
- As Snap gets ready for IPO, here’s what advertisers say it has
- Mario Gabelli: Bank stocks, including Goldman Sachs, should
- Op-Ed: Bernie Sanders can win in 2020, but he has to make this
- A bitcoin ETF would have ‘very significant upside’ ‘ but it
- Goodbye, ‘Davos Man.’ ‘Joe Six-pack’ rules investing now
- Donald Trump says he wants Obamacare repealed and replaced ‘very
- BREAKING: Dylann Roof sentenced to death for killing 9 black church
- Will 2017 finally be the year of the Great Rotation? Guess again,
- GM sees 2017 earnings of $6-$6.50 a share, higher than 2016
- Here’s why you should be cautious ahead of bank earnings
- Higher prices give homeowners billions more in equity, but mood
- Illumina shares spike after firm unveils new gene-sequencing
- Obamacare sign-ups top 11.5 million, up from last year, as GOP
- Port Authority of NY-NJ admits wrongdoing over roadway projects
- Trump’s AG pick Sessions defends his civil rights record as
- There is a ‘false premise’ spreading through the market right now,
- Trump Labor pick Puzder’s hearing could be delayed until February
- Trump’s trade policy is ‘economic equivalent’ to denying climate
- US contractors gearing up for Trump spending windfall
- Valeant to pay down $5 billion in 18 months to reduce debt, CEO
- Warning to Trump: Tackling health care first has huge blowback for
- What Trump gives with one hand, he could take away with the other:
- Quip CEO explains how Yahoo’s fate has lessons for companies like