Dow appreciates 98.75 points ( +0.50 %) to settle at 19,954.28.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 6.42 points ( +0.28 %) and is now at 2,275.32.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 11.83 points ( +0.21 %) close at 5,563.65.
Oil settles at $52.39 ( +0.27 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,191.40 ( -0.43 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.37%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.01 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 54.79 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 37.74 %. Volume is 02.61 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 62.52 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 65.93 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 02.28 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.28 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 17.03 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.33, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 13.06 % and average yield is 01.54 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.57. The PEGY Ratio of 2.57 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.53 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 119.75 (0.64; 00.54 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 799.02 (3.12; 00.39 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 126.09 (1.74; 01.40 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 23.07 (0.13; 00.57 %)
- Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK) at 61.63 (1.71; 02.85 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- MYOS RENS Technology Inc. (MYOS) at 6.82 (5.52; 424.62 %)
- Fuwei Films (Holdings) Co., Ltd. (FFHL) at 3.72 (1.89; 103.28 %)
- Biocept, Inc. (BIOC) at 2.71 (0.90; 49.72 %)
- Uranium Resources, Inc. (URRE) at 3.19 (0.94; 41.78 %)
- Derma Sciences, Inc. (DSCI) at 6.95 (1.95; 39.00 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- EnteroMedics Inc. (ETRM) at 15.3 (-12.40;-44.77 %)
- Signal Genetics, Inc. (SGNL) at 10.9 (-6.58;-37.64 %)
- ImmunoCellular Therapeutics, Ltd. (IMUC) at 2.78 (-1.42;-33.81 %)
- GenVec, Inc. (GNVC) at 6.51 (-2.28;-25.94 %)
- Neuralstem, Inc. (CUR) at 4.65 (-1.41;-23.27 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Wed Jan 11 15:00:02 MST 2017)
- Op-Ed: Trump is wrong. You can learn a lot about someone from a
- Top 10 jobs that pay over $100,000
- How Obamacare repeal could affect your retirement
- US crude settles at $52.25, rising 2.8% on dollar weakness, Saudi
- There’s something wild going on in the corporate bond market
- Trump’s trade policy is ‘economic equivalent’ to denying climate
- Trump says drugmakers are ‘getting away with murder,’ and biotech
- Breakingviews: Beware cracks in Trump’s infrastructure plan
- Donald Trump says Obamacare repeal and replacement to come with
- Donald Trump’s colossal error on jobs during his press conference
- Facebook says it’s going to try to help journalism ‘thrive’
- Here are challenges Snapchat faces as it gets closer to its IPO
- Here’s why stocks reacted so strongly to the Trump presser
- Op-Ed: Here’s how Big Pharma can survive Trump
- Trump blasts BuzzFeed as ‘failing pile of garbage;’ refuses
- Mortgage applications rebound 5.8%, as interest rates ease off
- Bail stumper: Martin Shkreli gets permission to travel outside of
- Sen. Cory Booker says Sessions lacks ‘courageous empathy,’ opposes
- The iPhone is gaining ground on Android in the US
- Read the transcript from Trump’s news conference
- Trump is ‘walking through a minefield blindfolded’: Experts say
- Trump Russia memo as fake as play money you buy at a toy store,
- How you can cut the national debt
- Trump plans to hand off his businesses to his sons, but will not
- Trump Treasury nominee Mnuchin pledges to divest assets worth
- Trump was not briefed on document with explosive Russia
- Two retail standouts are shaking up a tired piece of the industry
- Here are the highlights of Donald Trump’s first press conference