Dow appreciates 64.51 points ( +0.32 %) to settle at 19,963.80.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 7.98 points ( +0.35 %) and is now at 2,276.98.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 33.12 points ( +0.60 %) close at 5,521.06.
Oil settles at $53.67 ( -0.59 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,172.80 ( -0.05 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.42%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.05 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 39.74 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 52.66 %. Volume is -05.03 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 63.23 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 65.74 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 01.34 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.30 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 16.86 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.33, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 13.03 % and average yield is 01.56 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.61. The PEGY Ratio of 2.61 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.52 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 795.99 (15.54; 01.99 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 117.91 (1.30; 01.11 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 123.41 (2.74; 02.27 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 103.10 (1.36; 01.34 %)
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) at 825.21 (12.19; 01.50 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- EnteroMedics Inc. (ETRM) at 9.19 (5.22; 131.49 %)
- SunLink Health Systems, Inc. (SSY) at 1.46 (0.34; 30.36 %)
- Pernix Therapeutics Holdings, Inc. (PTX) at 2.93 (0.65; 28.51 %)
- Zafgen, Inc. (ZFGN) at 4.18 (0.83; 24.78 %)
- Cartesian, Inc. (CRTN) at 1.14 (0.21; 22.58 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Ruby Tuesday, Inc. (RT) at 2.66 (-0.87;-24.65 %)
- Avinger, Inc. (AVGR) at 3.30 (-0.60;-15.38 %)
- Stein Mart, Inc. (SMRT) at 4.51 (-0.75;-14.26 %)
- Tahoe Resources Inc. (TAHO) at 9.64 (-1.54;-13.77 %)
- Turtle Beach Corporation (HEAR) at 1.49 (-0.22;-12.87 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Fri Jan 6 15:00:01 MST 2017)
- Why 2017 will finally be the year of the smart home: Consumers
- China has many tools to deploy if Trump sparks trade fight
- Market anticipates disappointing Friday jobs report
- Gunman kills 5 at Fort Lauderdale Airport shooting, shooter in
- AB InBev and Keurig to develop alcoholic drinks dispenser for the
- Beef jerky maker sued for firing worker who tried to call 911
- Chicago Fed’s Evans: I have ‘two rate increases penciled in’ for
- Chrysler recalling 86K older-model SUVs and trucks to replace air
- Here’s how close the Dow really came to striking 20,000
- Facebook hires former NBC anchor to improve its relationship with
- DECLASSIFIED: Read full intelligence report on Russia interfering
- Losing your Sears or Macy’s? Here’s how those decisions get made
- Payroll growth disappoints in December
- Qualcomm’s CEO on why you can throw out your USB cables soon
- Space: X gets FAA launch approval, but takeoff postponed until
- Tax season opens Jan 23. Here’s how to get started
- US ‘almost out’ of qualified workers, and more immigration is the
- Top 10 jobs that pay over $100,000
- Trump admits Russia is waging cyberattacks against US, insists
- VW, Justice Dept nearing $3 billion agreement to resolve diesel
- Why Verizon probably won’t back out of the Yahoo deal
- Why now is a good time for you to ask for a raise
- The Fed just moved a lot closer to declaring ‘mission