Dow appreciates 60.4 points ( +0.30 %) to settle at 19,942.16.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 12.92 points ( +0.57 %) and is now at 2,270.75.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 47.93 points ( +0.88 %) close at 5,477.01.
Oil settles at $53.27 ( +0.02 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,164.50 ( -0.07 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.45%. The interest rate of the yield has increased (+0.00%), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 76.21 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 17.88 %. Volume is 01.20 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 69.80 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 66.50 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 04.18 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.12 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 11.24 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.26, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.93 % and average yield is 01.58 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.60. The PEGY Ratio of 2.60 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.48 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 104.39 (2.38; 02.33 %)
- Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) at 226.99 (10.00; 04.61 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 116.02 (-0.13;-00.11 %)
- IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. (IDXX) at 115.95 (-1.65;-01.40 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 118.69 (1.83; 01.57 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc. (OREX) at 3.40 (1.33; 64.25 %)
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc. (BCEI) at 1.38 (0.40; 40.82 %)
- Evoke Pharma, Inc. (EVOK) at 2.69 (0.62; 29.95 %)
- O2Micro International Limited (OIIM) at 2.38 (0.49; 25.93 %)
- Senomyx, Inc. (SNMX) at 1.19 (0.22; 22.68 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Agile Therapeutics, Inc. (AGRX) at 2.63 (-2.37;-47.40 %)
- QuickLogic Corporation (QUIK) at 1.15 (-0.11;-08.73 %)
- Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. (CHCI) at 1.71 (-0.15;-08.06 %)
- Milestone Scientific Inc. (MLSS) at 1.30 (-0.10;-07.14 %)
- Investors Title Company (ITIC) at 148.50 (-10.47;-06.59 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Wed Jan 4 15:00:02 MST 2017)
- US construction spending hits more than 10-year high in November
- How to sell those unwanted gifts
- Manhattan’s luxury market softened in the fourth quarter
- US crude settles at $53.26, up 1.8%, on expected drop in US
- 10 states with the cheapest public college tuition
- 2 SEPTA trolleys collide in west Philadelphia, injuring at least
- Alexa is the ‘Trojan horse’ for Amazon into the refrigerator,
- Apple confirms $1 billion investment in SoftBank tech fund: WSJ
- Apple removes New York Times apps from iTunes store in China
- California hires former US Attorney General Holder to fight
- CBS joins Hulu’s upcoming livestreaming TV service
- Ex-Barclays trader pleads guilty in US in forex probe
- Fed minutes: Officials were moved by Trump win before December
- Macy’s posts disappointing holiday sales, likely to cut 10,000
- How to get healthcare coverage under the Affordable Care Act while
- JPMorgan Chase slashes Sapphire Reserve bonus after card hits
- 103 injured in Long Island Rail Road derailment in Brooklyn
- Medium says it can’t make money selling ads so it’s laying off a
- NASA to launch space missions to 2 asteroids thought to hold clues
- NY Governor Cuomo proposes $10 billion renovation of JFK Airport
- Op-Ed: Here’s what the GOP will rip out of Obamacare
- Obamacare signups on federal exchange HealthCare.gov hit almost
- Restaurant industry ends 2016 on a sour note
- This Republican congresswoman’s Twitter poll on Obamacare didn’t
- Traders keep bets on two Fed rate hikes in 2017
- US auto sales set new record at 17.465 million vehicles in 2016
- VP-elect Pence, Speaker Ryan promise Obamacare replacement
- What once-jailed DC powerbroker Abramoff thinks of Trump and
- Why 2017 will finally be the year of the smart home: Consumers