Dow appreciates 32.4 points ( +0.16 %) to settle at 20,100.91.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 1.69 points ( -0.07 %) and is now at 2,296.68.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 1.16 points ( -0.02 %) closing at 5,655.18.
Oil settles at $53.71 ( -0.13 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,187.90 ( -0.16 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.51%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.02 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 34.37 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 58.18 %. Volume is -00.49 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 58.15 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 65.47 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 03.87 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.32 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 21.09 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.28, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.91 % and average yield is 01.52 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.64. The PEGY Ratio of 2.64 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.58 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Charter Communications, Inc. (CHTR) at 333.15 (22.84; 07.36 %)
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) at 856.98 (-1.47;-00.17 %)
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) at 64.27 (0.59; 00.93 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 132.78 (1.30; 00.99 %)
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) at 832.15 (-3.52;-00.42 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Fuwei Films (Holdings) Co., Ltd. (FFHL) at 3.42 (1.11; 48.05 %)
- Gulfmark Offshore, Inc. (GLF) at 2.1 (0.65; 44.83 %)
- Pulmatrix, Inc. (PULM) at 2.22 (0.58; 35.37 %)
- Avinger, Inc. (AVGR) at 3.1 (0.80; 34.78 %)
- CARBO Ceramics Inc. (CRR) at 13.8 (3.12; 29.21 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- DryShips Inc. (DRYS) at 2.98 (-1.02;-25.50 %)
- DragonWave Inc. (DRWI) at 1.7 (-0.40;-19.05 %)
- World Acceptance Corporation (WRLD) at 49.37 (-11.08;-18.33 %)
- Mattel, Inc. (MAT) at 25.99 (-5.57;-17.65 %)
- Willdan Group, Inc. (WLDN) at 26.54 (-4.80;-15.32 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Jan 26 15:00:02 MST 2017)
- Bank execs sell nearly $100 million in stocks, analyst says follow
- Op-Ed: A recession is overdue. Here’s what will trigger it
- California farmers can’t win as monster storms threaten crops
- Government’s Fannie Mae will back PE giant Blackstone’s rental
- US crude settles up 2% on stock market strength and January dollar
- You can now use two-factor authentication to lock down your
- Alphabet shares tumble as earnings miss estimates
- Here’s how President Trump has it wrong on welfare
- If you think Trump’s plans will pan out, this might be the sector
- Frothy market ‘overdue for a correction,’ this analyst says
- The $48.9 million house that Patron built
- Peso gets crushed after Mexican president cancels meeting in
- Searching for ‘bigot,’ ‘racist’ on Twitter draws up
- At least four senior U.S. State Department officials leave posts,
- DHS temporarily halts trips by staff to interview refugees abroad
- Starbucks shares tumble on lowest same-store sales growth since
- Tesla sues former Autopilot exec for allegedly stealing secrets,
- Your computer is the most at risk here
- Trump adds to Wall Street’s paper gains by a whopping $2.2
- Trump says he discussed taking hands off Obamacare to hurt
- Op-Ed: Trump is playing a dangerous game with these ‘alternative
- Wall Street’s one Google bear explains why he thinks the company
- What happened when I tried meditating every day for 100 days
- White House says 20% tax on Mexican imports could fund border wall