Dow appreciates 155.8 points ( +0.78 %) to settle at 20,068.51.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 18.3 points ( +0.80 %) and is now at 2,298.37.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 55.38 points ( +0.99 %) close at 5,656.34.
Oil settles at $52.88 ( -0.56 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,200.20 ( +0.20 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.52%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.05 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 65.67 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 26.91 %. Volume is 06.07 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 61.42 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 66.90 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 06.59 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.18 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 18.99 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.16, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.91 % and average yield is 01.52 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.62. The PEGY Ratio of 2.62 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.57 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 121.88 (1.91; 01.59 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 836.52 (14.08; 01.71 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 131.48 (2.11; 01.63 %)
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA) at 104.06 (2.63; 02.59 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 23.37 (0.42; 01.83 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Pulmatrix, Inc. (PULM) at 1.64 (0.53; 47.75 %)
- Arctic Cat Inc. (ACAT) at 18.55 (5.46; 41.71 %)
- Chesapeake Granite Wash Trust (CHKR) at 3.85 (0.70; 22.22 %)
- Willbros Group, Inc. (WG) at 3.74 (0.66; 21.43 %)
- Civeo Corporation (CVEO) at 3.36 (0.59; 21.30 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc. (VIVO) at 12.8 (-3.65;-22.19 %)
- DryShips Inc. (DRYS) at 4 (-0.48;-10.71 %)
- Span-America Medical Systems, Inc. (SPAN) at 18.5 (-2.12;-10.28 %)
- Marine Products Corporation (MPX) at 12.07 (-1.32;-09.86 %)
- Commvault Systems, Inc. (CVLT) at 51.27 (-5.53;-09.74 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Wed Jan 25 15:00:04 MST 2017)
- Amazon is the first streaming platform to get best picture Oscar
- Bank execs sell nearly $100 million in stocks, analyst says follow
- US crude settles at $52.75, down 43 cents, after bearish EIA
- Trump’s top health-care nominee Rep. Tom Price omitted ethics, tax
- Actress Mary Tyler Moore has died at age 80
- Markets are churning higher, and one sector leads the way ‘ again
- Cities betting on a key ally in immigration war with Trump: The
- Google has banned 200 publishers since it passed a new policy
- Government’s Fannie Mae will back PE giant Blackstone’s rental
- Heinz decides the day after the Super Bowl is the worst, gives
- Trumps next target?
- Here’s why the Trump rally won’t last, says former US Labor
- Op-Ed: Hooray! The Dow hit 20,000! Now get over it.
- More National Parks employees appear to taunt Trump on Twitter
- New Relic’s shares soars 12% after Cisco deal
- North Korea ready to test fire ICBM ‘any time, any place’:
- There’s room left to run after Dow 20K, but smart money is keeping
- Tim Ferriss shares 10 questions that changed his life
- Trump’s ‘big day’ on national security expected to include
- Trump reportedly preparing orders to drastically reduce US
- Trump reportedly still uses unsecured Android phone
- Trump moves ahead on border wall, targets US ‘sanctuary cities’
- Trump talked about Mexico ‘ but this time, the peso jumped
- With Dow 20K passed, $20 trillion on the national debt is next
- Why women bear the brunt of student debt