Dow appreciates 119.16 points ( +0.60 %) to settle at 19,881.76.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 19 points ( +0.85 %) and is now at 2,257.83.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 45.96 points ( +0.85 %) close at 5,429.08.
Oil settles at $52.45 ( +0.23 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,159.10 ( -0.25 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.45%. The interest rate of the yield has increased (+0.00%), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 64.33 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 29.96 %. Volume is 02.29 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 61.87 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 63.14 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 01.63 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.18 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 11.24 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.15, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.97 % and average yield is 01.57 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.57. The PEGY Ratio of 2.57 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.52 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 102.01 (-4.73;-04.43 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 116.15 (0.33; 00.28 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 753.67 (3.80; 00.51 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 116.86 (1.81; 01.57 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.53 (0.43; 01.95 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- BioScrip, Inc. (BIOS) at 1.39 (0.35; 33.65 %)
- NII Holdings, Inc. (NIHD) at 2.70 (0.55; 25.58 %)
- Celadon Group, Inc. (CGI) at 8.75 (1.60; 22.38 %)
- Xerox Corporation (XRX) at 6.89 (1.14; 19.83 %)
- Kopin Corporation (KOPN) at 3.40 (0.56; 19.72 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Inotek Pharmaceuticals Corporation (ITEK) at 1.75 (-4.35;-71.31 %)
- SITO Mobile, Ltd. (SITO) at 2.50 (-1.19;-32.25 %)
- Dataram Corporation (DRAM) at 1.74 (-0.46;-20.91 %)
- Endurance International Group Holdings, Inc. (EIGI) at 7.80 (-1.50;-16.13 %)
- CareDx, Inc (CDNA) at 2.30 (-0.40;-14.81 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue Jan 3 15:00:01 MST 2017)
- Rising mortgage rates making you nervous? Here’s how to lower
- Richard Branson shares 6 mantras he will follow in 2017
- CES trends to watch in 2017: Self-driving cars, bots and internet
- US construction spending hits more than 10-year high in November
- Day 1 of a new Congress, and it’s already messy
- Ford canceling plans for $1.6 billion plant in Mexico, investing
- Ford CEO: Main reason for canceling Mexico plant was market
- Ford rolling out hybrid versions of its iconic Mustang and F-150
- Four tech themes will be bigger than internet and mobile, Gene
- House Republicans scrap plan to gut ethics office after emergency
- Intel is buying into maps because it can’t afford to miss out on
- Have a look at the man who could be Donald Trump’s bank chief
- Mexico says does not expect Ford move to spark similar decisions
- Obamacare repeal effort launched by Sen. Mike Enzi on first day of
- Prep your 401(k) plan for 2017
- Retailers weren’t panicking at the end of the holidays ‘ here’s
- Rockettes asked to be ‘tolerant of intolerance’ in Trump
- Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy S8 smartphone could run a PC
- Santoli: Stocks ping pong between Trump tweets, rising rates in a
- Despite Trump euphoria, Wall Street’s 2017 forecast is the most
- Meet the companies on Trump’s immediate radar
- US fines TransUnion, Equifax for deceit over credit scores
- State Dept says North Korea cannot ‘tip’ missile with nuclear
- White House says expects Guantanamo transfers announced before
- Wiki: Leaks founder reveals a ‘bombshell’ about Russian hacking,
- Xerox spikes nearly 20% after Conduent spinoff
- China quietly made some New Year currency moves that won’t make