Dow declines 8.83 points ( -0.04 %) to settle at 19,843.41.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 3.96 points ( -0.18 %) and is now at 2,258.07.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 19.7 points ( -0.36 %) closing at 5,437.16.
Oil settles at $52.02 ( +0.23 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,135.80 ( -0.14 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.60%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.02 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 46.09 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 47.59 %. Volume is 62.73 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 68.42 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 63.07 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 02.11 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.34 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 10.35 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.00, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.82 % and average yield is 01.63 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.50. The PEGY Ratio of 2.50 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.75 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 115.97 (0.15; 00.13 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 757.77 (-3.23;-00.42 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.66 (-0.50;-02.16 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 119.87 (-0.70;-00.58 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 100.41 (1.70; 01.72 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Evoke Pharma, Inc. (EVOK) at 2.07 (0.63; 43.75 %)
- Stone Energy Corporation (SGY) at 7.75 (1.50; 24.00 %)
- QuickLogic Corporation (QUIK) at 1.20 (0.16; 15.38 %)
- Altisource Asset Management Corporation (AAMC) at 53.95 (7.10; 15.15 %)
- OpGen, Inc. (OPGN) at 1.14 (0.14; 14.00 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- xG Technology, Inc. (XGTI) at 2.30 (-0.90;-28.13 %)
- XBiotech, Inc. (XBIT) at 9.98 (-2.85;-22.21 %)
- Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AGIO) at 45.08 (-10.86;-19.41 %)
- Diana Containerships Inc. (DCIX) at 3.20 (-0.68;-17.53 %)
- Arcadia Biosciences, Inc. (RKDA) at 1.04 (-0.18;-14.75 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Fri Dec 16 15:00:01 MST 2016)
- The Trump-Yellen relationship just got more interesting
- Oil prices rise on signs of producers’ compliance with output cuts
- Redstone’s ex-girlfriend suing his daughter over alleged violation
- Higher rents push up US consumer inflation
- 30-year-old self-made millionaire shares 5 quick ways to make
- Retail’s ‘ticking time bomb’: The costly business of returns
- FBI supports claim that Russia acted to bolster Trump’s campaign
- Longtime Apple bull Munster offers one last note on the company
- Here’s how the Trump rally stacks up against other presidents
- Homebuilders super happy but not building more homes: Here’s
- Industrials try to lower expectations: Should we take them
- Not gold: Most investors are missing this year’s best commodities
- It’s not just Facebook: Digital advertisers say internet metrics
- Manufacturer slammed by Trump reaches severance deal for 300
- Nobody panic’Wall Street bonuses may be down about 10% this year
- NC Gov. Pat McCrory signs bill limiting Democratic successor’s
- Obama on Russian hacking: We handled it the way we should have
- Obama says he cannot claim that we’ve been successful in Syria
- Obama says Russia is a smaller, weaker country than the US
- Philippines president to US: ‘We don’t need you…Prepare to
- The US Federal Reserve is pushing China into a messy Catch-22
- Trump’s stance on NAFTA was a ‘campaign promise designed to be
- Unwinding NAFTA could create a ‘game of Whac-a-Mole’
- White nationalist Richard Spencer considering running for Congress