Dow declines 57.18 points ( -0.29 %) to settle at 19,762.60.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 10.43 points ( -0.46 %) and is now at 2,238.83.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 48.97 points ( -0.90 %) closing at 5,383.12.
Oil settles at $53.80 ( +0.15 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,151.80 ( +0.01 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.45%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.03 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 34.34 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 59.11 %. Volume is -23.65 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 56.14 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 61.94 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 00.99 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.39 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 10.08 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.18, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.93 % and average yield is 01.57 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.58. The PEGY Ratio of 2.58 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.53 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 115.82 (-0.91;-00.78 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 106.74 (-4.69;-04.21 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 749.87 (-15.28;-02.00 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 115.05 (-1.30;-01.12 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.10 (0.10; 00.45 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- ImmunoGen, Inc. (IMGN) at 2.04 (0.46; 29.11 %)
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (MRNS) at 1.01 (0.18; 21.69 %)
- SuperCom Ltd. (SPCB) at 3.39 (0.50; 17.30 %)
- BioAmber Inc. (BIOA) at 5.50 (0.81; 17.27 %)
- Jason Industries, Inc. (JASN) at 1.80 (0.26; 16.88 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Opko Health, Inc. (OPK) at 9.30 (-2.16;-18.85 %)
- RiceBran Technologies (RIBT) at 1.03 (-0.17;-14.17 %)
- Carver Bancorp, Inc. (CARV) at 3.22 (-0.52;-13.90 %)
- ParkerVision, Inc. (PRKR) at 1.84 (-0.28;-13.21 %)
- Gold Resource Corp (GORO) at 4.35 (-0.63;-12.65 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Fri Dec 30 15:00:01 MST 2016)
- A controversial tax plan has better odds of passing than many
- Trump bump fizzles as pending homes sales fall 2.5 percent in
- People in India get one last day to turn in their bills, so what’s
- Rising mortgage rates making you nervous? Here’s how to lower
- The hard truths Trump must face to ‘crush ISIS’
- Apple shares dip after report of production cut
- Documents open curtain on boardroom drama at Valeant
- ETFs see record number of funds shut down: ‘It’s a sign of health’
- FDA efforts to redefine ‘healthy’ could hit a roadblock under
- It’s midnight somewhere: How astronauts can tell when to ring in
- 2017 will be the year where brands predict what you want
- Mc: Cain sets hearing on cyberattacks for next week
- OPEC oil output cuts: ‘It’s inevitable. Somebody’s going to cheat’
- Retail’s laggards will have a tough time passing the blame this
- A babysitter on New Year’s could bust your budget
- Dow wins big in 2016, S&P narrowly misses double-digit gains
- Op-Ed: Top 4 ways to improve Twitter in 2017
- Trump’s ‘first date’ with markets went well, now it’s time for the
- Trump praises ‘very smart’ Putin for waiting to retaliate to US
- US regulators to continue anti-dumping probe of China plywood
- VR virgin? Here’s an intro to some of the virtual reality headsets
- Op-Ed: Wall Street Awards’The best, worst and ‘I can’t even’ of
- Why there aren’t there more female billionaires
- Creeping gasoline prices may spike next year