Dow declines 32.66 points ( -0.16 %) to settle at 19,941.96.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 5.58 points ( -0.25 %) and is now at 2,265.18.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 12.51 points ( -0.23 %) closing at 5,471.43.
Oil settles at $52.51 ( +0.04 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,132.40 ( -0.07 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.55%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.02 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 33.90 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 59.08 %. Volume is -23.01 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 69.07 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 63.38 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 02.24 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.39 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 10.96 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.25, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.84 % and average yield is 01.62 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.54. The PEGY Ratio of 2.54 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.51 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 117.06 (0.11; 00.09 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 770.60 (-0.62;-00.08 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 105.83 (0.66; 00.63 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.63 (-0.08;-00.35 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 119.04 (-0.05;-00.04 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Lpath, Inc. (LPTN) at 3.75 (1.52; 68.16 %)
- Internap Corporation (INAP) at 1.62 (0.49; 43.36 %)
- Heat Biologics, Inc. (HTBX) at 1.01 (0.24; 31.17 %)
- Inuvo, Inc. (INUV) at 1.99 (0.37; 22.84 %)
- Manitex International, Inc. (MNTX) at 6.75 (1.22; 22.06 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- xG Technology, Inc. (XGTI) at 1.60 (-2.02;-55.80 %)
- ContraVir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (CTRV) at 1.35 (-0.34;-20.12 %)
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (MACK) at 4.38 (-0.99;-18.44 %)
- Stone Energy Corporation (SGY) at 9.33 (-1.79;-16.10 %)
- Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. (TIK) at 3.85 (-0.55;-12.50 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Wed Dec 21 15:00:02 MST 2016)
- How this ‘villain’ of the housing crash could be right for you now
- US crude settles at $52.49, down 1.5%, after surprise build in
- Trump-driven optimism should be good for your pocketbook: Jarden
- Amazon gets US patent for ‘countermeasures’ to protect drone
- Deadly Mexico fireworks blast hit market packed for holidays
- ‘Moana’ sails at the box office, but it could sink in the toy
- Du: Pont hit with $2 million verdict over Teflon-making chemical
- Three charts show how tough things are for European banks
- Here’s the No. 1 reason the Dow is on the cusp of 20,000
- Hershey names Michele Buck as new CEO
- Here’s how to avoid a 50% haircut on your retirement savings
- Jared Kushner reportedly looking for buyers for New York Observer
- Kremlin says almost all communication channels with US are frozen:
- Now is the time to bet on Netflix’and here’s how: Trader
- Record number of Obamacare sign-ups on HealthCare.gov for 2017
- Santoli: Dow’s failure to break 20,000 ceiling overshadowing
- A plan to tax US imports has better odds of becoming law than many
- Twitter’s Wall Street outlook, summed up in a sigh
- Newt Gingrich says Trump won’t be ‘draining the swamp’
- Trump picks China hawk Peter Navarro for new trade post
- Trump rally could be like Coolidge’s Roaring ’20s before
- After meeting with Trump, Boeing CEO says Air Force One will cost
- Trump names Icahn as special advisor on regulation, vows to shred
- After a campaign slamming elites, Trump is filling his
- Viacom unit head overseeing MTV, Comedy Central to leave
- What the ‘fear index’ is telling investors about markets now and