Dow declines 23.08 points ( -0.12 %) to settle at 19,918.88.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 4.22 points ( -0.19 %) and is now at 2,260.96.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 24.01 points ( -0.44 %) closing at 5,447.42.
Oil settles at $52.66 ( -0.55 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,130.20 ( -0.04 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.55%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.01 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 31.33 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 61.18 %. Volume is -20.90 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 65.27 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 62.05 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 01.21 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.59 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 10.00 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.17, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.93 % and average yield is 01.62 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.55. The PEGY Ratio of 2.55 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.51 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 116.29 (-0.77;-00.66 %)
- Micron Technology, Inc. (MU) at 23.19 (2.61; 12.68 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 766.34 (-4.26;-00.55 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 107.11 (1.28; 01.21 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 117.40 (-1.64;-01.38 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Uranium Resources, Inc. (URRE) at 1.43 (0.34; 31.19 %)
- Globalstar, Inc. (GSAT) at 1.81 (0.34; 23.13 %)
- Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (IMMY) at 2.45 (0.44; 21.89 %)
- Navios Maritime Holdings Inc. (NM) at 1.51 (0.27; 21.77 %)
- Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (OPXA) at 1.10 (0.19; 20.88 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- OvaScience, Inc. (OVAS) at 1.34 (-1.63;-54.88 %)
- Lpath, Inc. (LPTN) at 3.08 (-0.67;-17.87 %)
- Red Hat, Inc. (RHT) at 68.71 (-11.08;-13.89 %)
- Voltari Corporation (VLTC) at 2.60 (-0.40;-13.33 %)
- Tidewater Inc. (TDW) at 3.70 (-0.55;-12.94 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Dec 22 15:00:02 MST 2016)
- Problem solved: What to buy her this holiday
- How this ‘villain’ of the housing crash could be right for you now
- US crude settles at $52.95, up 46 cents, on US data and OPEC cut
- Trump has thousands of hires to make: A CEO president’s challenge
- A controversial tax plan has better odds of passing than many
- Uber takes self-driving cars to Arizona after California demands
- No, you can’t expense that llama
- A common poker mistake may shed light on how stocks will finish
- Amazon reviewers are trolling Ivanka Trump, but that won’t decide
- Bailout of world’s oldest bank underscores lingering crisis in
- Blue Apron reportedly puts IPO launch on hold
- Corporate America needs better accountability, billionaire
- Trump advisor Icahn says it’s ‘crazy’ to think he couldn’t serve
- Snow where? Town on edge of Sahara Desert gets flakes for first
- The world’s biggest hedge fund creating secret algorithm to
- The most important thing from Carl Icahn’s CNBC interview
- Trump insists he’ll ‘drain the swamp’ as Newt Gingrich walks back
- Democrats will help pass Trump tax cut, Kellyanne Conway says
- Trump names Sean Spicer press secretary, announces other senior
- Op-Ed: Trump’s nuclear tweet raises questions of ‘ quid pro quo’
- Trump calls for stronger, expanded nuclear capability
- US sues Barclays for alleged mortgage securities fraud
- Volkswagen reaches compensation deal with 80,000 US owners
- Wall Street economists aren’t buying into Trump’s big growth
- Trump’s newest advisor is making all the tough talk about China