Dow declines 118.68 points ( -0.60 %) to settle at 19,792.53.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 18.44 points ( -0.81 %) and is now at 2,253.28.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 27.16 points ( -0.50 %) closing at 5,436.67.
Oil settles at $50.82 ( -0.43 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,145.50 ( -1.56 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.52%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.04 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 19.24 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 74.78 %. Volume is 12.59 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 67.86 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 62.47 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 00.73 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.64 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 10.45 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.18, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.83 % and average yield is 01.58 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.57. The PEGY Ratio of 2.57 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.75 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.67 (0.06; 00.27 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 768.82 (-5.52;-00.71 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 115.19 (0.00; 00.00 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 120.21 (-0.10;-00.08 %)
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) at 54.70 (-1.14;-02.04 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Vericel Corporation (VCEL) at 4.10 (1.50; 57.69 %)
- Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics Inc. (BCLI) at 2.62 (0.46; 21.30 %)
- NeuStar, Inc. (NSR) at 33.45 (5.80; 20.98 %)
- Skyline Medical Inc. (SKLN) at 3.47 (0.49; 16.44 %)
- QuickLogic Corporation (QUIK) at 1.08 (0.14; 14.89 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- First NBC Bank Holding Company (FNBC) at 7.20 (-2.40;-25.00 %)
- PhotoMedex, Inc. (PHMD) at 2.82 (-0.62;-18.02 %)
- MacroGenics, Inc. (MGNX) at 19.81 (-3.61;-15.41 %)
- Gulfmark Offshore, Inc. (GLF) at 1.95 (-0.35;-15.22 %)
- Hornbeck Offshore Services, Inc. (HOS) at 7.24 (-1.23;-14.52 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Wed Dec 14 15:00:01 MST 2016)
- Breaking the bundle could lead to higher TV bills, says study
- Fed to get more aggressive under Trump, say survey respondents
- Oil prices extend losses after Federal Reserve raises interest
- Amazon’s global expansion is intensifying
- Bill Gross: Fed’s projected interest rate hikes took a bite out of
- Caesars unit’s bank lenders need more time to resolve dispute
- Yellen defends the Dodd-Frank bank rules that Donald Trump wants
- Economists chop their growth forecasts, and American shoppers are
- Execs representing a whopping $3 trillion just walked into Trump
- Exxon CEO Tillerson to hand over reins to president after State
- Fed surprises with three rate hikes next year ‘ and it could need
- Housing squeeze tightens on first-time buyers
- Opinion: Downtown Josh Brown’s plan to save the mutual fund
- JPMorgan, US Bank to raise prime lending rate to 3.75% from 3.5%
- ‘I was like a drunken rock star on steroids’: Investors reflect on
- On the hunt for a Hatchimal? Toys R Us will have more this weekend
- Probability for June 2017 rate hike jumps after Fed meeting
- Running the government with no government experience: Another
- Santoli: Tired, overbought Dow fails to hit 20,000 as Fed hikes
- The Fed boosts its 2017 forecast after raising interest rates
- The Trump tech summit today will have no set agenda
- Trump bragged of a stock ‘bounce’ in tech CEO meeting, but most
- Trump could erase ‘anti-bizjet’ stigma by making private luxury
- Trump to tech leaders: ‘No formal chain of command’ here
- Yellen says she wants to serve out her term ‘ nevermind the Trump