Dow declines 114.03 points ( -0.57 %) to settle at 19,819.78.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 14.53 points ( -0.64 %) and is now at 2,249.26.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 6.47 points ( -0.12 %) closing at 5,432.09.
Oil settles at $53.82 ( +0.09 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,159.20 ( +0.09 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.48%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.07 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 48.52 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 44.42 %. Volume is -33.81 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 60.11 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 61.88 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 00.87 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.51 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 09.96 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.16, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.92 % and average yield is 01.57 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.58. The PEGY Ratio of 2.58 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.53 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 111.43 (2.18; 02.00 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 765.15 (-6.98;-00.90 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 116.73 (-0.03;-00.03 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.00 (-0.33;-01.48 %)
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) at 85.89 (-0.61;-00.71 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (KOOL) at 3.74 (0.99; 36.00 %)
- Siebert Financial Corp. (SIEB) at 2.62 (0.57; 27.80 %)
- Fortress Biotech, Inc. (FBIO) at 2.77 (0.48; 20.96 %)
- CompX International Inc. (CIX) at 16.25 (2.70; 19.93 %)
- Gold Resource Corp (GORO) at 4.98 (0.78; 18.57 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Cempra, Inc. (CEMP) at 2.60 (-3.50;-57.38 %)
- DGSE Companies, Inc. (DGSE) at 1.08 (-0.27;-20.00 %)
- Gulfmark Offshore, Inc. (GLF) at 1.55 (-0.25;-13.89 %)
- Galena Biopharma, Inc. (GALE) at 2.05 (-0.33;-13.87 %)
- Live Ventures Incorporated (LIVE) at 23.92 (-3.76;-13.58 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Dec 29 15:00:01 MST 2016)
- A controversial tax plan has better odds of passing than many
- US consumer sentiment highest level since 2004
- Stores with brilliant return policies
- El-Erian: Watch out for liquidity crisis
- Oil prices slip after surprise increase in US crude inventories
- 5 reasons your coworker makes more than you
- Companies are taking away a major driver of the bull market
- Early data suggest Apple had good holiday sales
- Forget about Dow 20K: Bitcoin’s about to hit $1,000
- Start 2017 with an insurance checkup
- Here’s why your plans to lose weight this year could be doomed
- Honda to recall about 650,000 Odyssey minivans in US
- Kremlin rep slams US sanctions, says they destroy diplomatic
- ‘Malicious cyber activity’ has happened in previous US elections,
- Market will rally 15 percent or more in 2017, expert predicts
- Milo Yiannopoulos gets $250,000 from Simon & Schuster for a book
- Op-Ed: Obama’s Russia sanctions put President-elect Trump in tough
- Once-bullish January has been treacherous for stock market in
- Rising mortgage rates making you nervous? Here’s how to lower
- Snapchat is trying to convince investors that it won’t fall into
- The markets in January: What’s next?
- These restaurant chains will drive the industry’s growth in 2017
- Trump tweets may cause US companies to halt job creation abroad ‘
- US unveils retribution for Russia over election hacking