Dow declines 111.36 points ( -0.56 %) to settle at 19,833.68.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 18.96 points ( -0.84 %) and is now at 2,249.92.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 48.88 points ( -0.89 %) closing at 5,438.56.
Oil settles at $53.67 ( -0.72 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,143.50 ( +0.23 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.51%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.06 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 19.65 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 73.64 %. Volume is -32.52 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 61.17 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 61.12 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 00.90 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.53 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 10.08 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.36, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.91 % and average yield is 01.57 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.59. The PEGY Ratio of 2.59 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.53 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 109.25 (-8.07;-06.88 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 772.13 (0.73; 00.09 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 116.76 (-0.50;-00.43 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 116.92 (-1.09;-00.92 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.33 (-0.28;-01.24 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Dataram Corporation (DRAM) at 2.42 (0.51; 26.70 %)
- China Techfaith Wireless Communication Technology Limited (CNTF) at 1.99 (0.39; 24.37 %)
- Kate Spade & Company (KATE) at 17.86 (3.35; 23.09 %)
- Galena Biopharma, Inc. (GALE) at 2.38 (0.42; 21.43 %)
- Magellan Petroleum Corporation (MPET) at 11.45 (1.57; 15.89 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Intrepid Potash, Inc. (IPI) at 2.09 (-0.51;-19.62 %)
- Eco-Stim Energy Solutions, Inc. (ESES) at 1.10 (-0.25;-18.52 %)
- VisionChina Media Inc. (VISN) at 4.86 (-0.81;-14.29 %)
- Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc. (CNAT) at 5.28 (-0.83;-13.58 %)
- Navios Maritime Holdings Inc. (NM) at 1.41 (-0.20;-12.42 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Wed Dec 28 15:00:02 MST 2016)
- How this ‘villain’ of the housing crash could be right for you now
- A controversial tax plan has better odds of passing than many
- US consumer sentiment highest level since 2004
- Stores with brilliant return policies
- Hulu signs deal with Walt Disney Studios
- US crude settles at $54.06, fresh 18-month high as the market
- The internet bids farewell to Princess Leia
- This Trump wild card could squash 2017’s big dollar rally
- Amazon suspends legit Samsung sellers before holidays
- Dow 30,000 in next 4 to 5 years, investment expert says
- El-Erian warning: ‘Big negative shock’ can spur liquidity crisis
- Retail chain temporarily closes 4,000 stores ‘ at the busiest time
- Here are all the times Facebook tried to stomp out Snapchat in
- In the wait for Dow 20K, the last mile feels the longest
- Kate Spade shares soar 23% after report that company is exploring
- Mohamed El-Erian: Don’t underestimate the Fed
- Netanyahu slams Kerry’s speech after thanking Trump for ‘warm
- Oil faces a dollar ‘double whammy’: Lower demand and higher odds
- Takata could reportedly settle criminal probe over defective air
- The bank rally might just be getting started
- The future of ‘Star Wars’ without Princess Leia
- Trader bets on new all-time highs for Home Depot
- Trump needs to do one thing to truly remove personal conflicts,
- Unusual trading activity in Kate Spade ahead of headlines about
- US to announce new sanctions against Russia in response to