Dow appreciates 91.56 points ( +0.46 %) to settle at 19,974.62.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 8.23 points ( +0.36 %) and is now at 2,270.76.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 26.5 points ( +0.49 %) close at 5,483.94.
Oil settles at $53.51 ( +0.39 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,133.90 ( +0.03 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.57%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.03 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 61.82 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 31.36 %. Volume is -11.61 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 70.75 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 64.44 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 04.82 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.46 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 11.72 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.08, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.87 % and average yield is 01.58 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.51. The PEGY Ratio of 2.51 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.54 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 116.95 (0.31; 00.27 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 105.17 (3.54; 03.48 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 771.22 (5.22; 00.68 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.71 (0.23; 01.02 %)
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) at 63.54 (-0.08;-00.13 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc. (CNAT) at 4.73 (2.77; 141.33 %)
- Fred’s, Inc. (FRED) at 20.19 (9.04; 81.08 %)
- Gulfmark Offshore, Inc. (GLF) at 2.15 (0.40; 22.86 %)
- OptimumBank Holdings, Inc. (OPHC) at 4.64 (0.80; 20.83 %)
- Magellan Petroleum Corporation (MPET) at 7.76 (1.31; 20.31 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (SCMP) at 13.28 (-3.42;-20.48 %)
- Destination Maternity Corporation (DEST) at 5.90 (-1.12;-15.95 %)
- Flotek Industries, Inc. (FTK) at 8.96 (-1.53;-14.59 %)
- NeoPhotonics Corporation (NPTN) at 10.79 (-1.70;-13.61 %)
- Cempra, Inc. (CEMP) at 6.30 (-0.90;-12.50 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue Dec 20 15:00:01 MST 2016)
- Retail’s ‘ticking time bomb’: The costly business of returns
- Get your taxes done for free
- How this ‘villain’ of the housing crash could be right for you now
- Millionaire spending plans a red flag for retailers: CNBC survey
- One businessman says Amazon kept his merchandise’and his money
- Bank stocks will pull back soon, but don’t give up on them just
- Op-Ed: Monday’s Electoral College results prove the institution is
- Fed: Ex shares fall on mixed earnings report
- German prosecutors release suspected Christmas market attacker
- How Evan McMullin went from fringe candidate to top Trump irritant
- Nike shares rise as sales, earnings top estimates
- Obama poked the Russian bear. Now, Trump wants to dance with it
- Salesforce is in a better place than ever, analyst says
- Suzy Welch: The single best question to ask in a job interview
- China’s bond market is yet another problem with the country’s
- Trump-driven optimism should be good for your pocketbook: Jarden
- Trump has thousands of hires to make: A CEO president’s challenge
- Trump’s sons reportedly involved in event offering access to
- US investor optimism jumps to 9-year high: Survey
- Why Donald Trump could spell doom for CEO pay transparency
- Why FBI said it had ‘probable cause’ to go after Clinton-related
- Witness to an assassination: AP photographer captures attack