Dow appreciates 68.35 points ( +0.36 %) to settle at 19,191.93.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 7.73 points ( -0.35 %) and is now at 2,191.08.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 72.57 points ( -1.36 %) closing at 5,251.11.
Oil settles at $50.93 ( -0.25 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,173.70 ( +0.37 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.44%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.07 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 38.85 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 54.23 %. Volume is 33.63 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 61.65 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 59.02 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 04.38 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 01.19 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 06.02 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.87, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.59 % and average yield is 01.58 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.21. The PEGY Ratio of 2.21 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.71 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 115.10 (-3.32;-02.80 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 21.50 (0.38; 01.80 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 109.49 (-1.03;-00.93 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 743.65 (-6.92;-00.92 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 87.64 (-4.56;-04.95 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Venaxis, Inc. (APPY) at 4.40 (1.40; 46.67 %)
- Tilly’s, Inc. (TLYS) at 14.00 (4.13; 41.84 %)
- Stone Energy Corporation (SGY) at 6.29 (1.37; 27.85 %)
- W&T Offshore, Inc. (WTI) at 2.10 (0.41; 24.26 %)
- Carver Bancorp, Inc. (CARV) at 5.76 (1.06; 22.55 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Heat Biologics, Inc. (HTBX) at 1.03 (-1.84;-64.11 %)
- Aradigm Corporation (ARDM) at 2.29 (-2.95;-56.30 %)
- Express, Inc. (EXPR) at 10.64 (-2.72;-20.36 %)
- Recro Pharma, Inc. (REPH) at 6.48 (-1.52;-19.00 %)
- Forward Pharma A/S (FWP) at 17.94 (-4.19;-18.93 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Dec 1 15:00:02 MST 2016)
- Here’s where major strategists see stocks ending the year
- How President-elect Trump’s plans will impact your year-end money
- Brent crude oil rises above $54, surging on OPEC deal
- EXCLUSIVE: Steve Mnuchin says ‘no absolute tax cut for the upper
- Private job creation surges in November
- After Carrier gets incentives to keep some jobs in US, Trump says
- Apple, Samsung put customer loyalty to the test with shortage of
- Apple’s Maps said to get help from fleet of drones
- ‘Bank regulatory relief on steroids’ could be on the way
- Carrier isn’t only deal that could save thousands of jobs
- CNN trying to lure Fox’s Megyn Kelly, says Drudge Report
- France’s Hollande declines to run for second term, throwing
- Heads up homeowners: Mortgage interest deduction on Trump’s
- Squeezing an extra 88% from Social Security
- Howard Schultz stepping down as Starbucks CEO
- Indiana to give UTX $7 million in tax breaks to keep Carrier jobs
- Expert: Lower corporate rates can drive growth
- Nasdaq 100 gives back post-election gains as Apple, FANGs take a
- Russian supply ship headed for International Space Station burns
- Skechers shares soar after insider buying from CEO
- The hottest housing markets for 2017
- Caterpillar fires off a warning shot to the bulls
- Trump will end growth-zapping fiscal austerity, says top economist
- Why Home Depot’s CFO gets out of bed paranoid every day